Chapter Sixteen

This is the chapter where things go my own direction, guys!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zyta's POV:

I snapped awake in front of my computer, which displayed a screen saying "Game Over". I glanced at it in confusion. I didn't remember having been playing a game. I brushed my black hair out of my face as I looked around my room.

It was like it always was, covered in posters and my drawings, but somehow it felt wrong. Everything felt wrong, like something was missing. My arm itched and I scratched it absentmindedly, more focused on figuring out what I had forgotten, but when I felt pain and blood on my arm I quickly looked down to see jagged scabs on my arm, spelling out a word. A name more accurately.

Markus.

My eyes widened as everything came flooding back to me. Markus. Annalee. Tina. Maylee. Grey. Jace, too. John Lee. Luke, my brother. My father. I remembered how my hair had slowly turned white. I remembered all the pain I'd felt.

I remembered it all.

I knew I'd have to find a way to contact them, but first I had something else that was pressing my mind. I wanted to dye my hair white, that way I'd be able to help restore the memories of my friends if I ever saw them outside of the video game. I couldn't help but worry how my real dad would react though. He already hated my music, attitude, and the way I dress.  Me changing my hair would likely be the last straw before I'd get sent off to some military school or something like that. 

I weighed the pros and cons, and decided that it would be worth it. I quickly grabbed my wallet and headed to a nearby hair salon. 

I headed back as soon as I could with my newly dyed white hair, which was really an eye catcher. Several people stared at me as I walked by, but I didn't care or pay any attention to them. Hurrying, I got back to my house. I had to find a way to contact the others and not have them freaking out for much longer. 

As soon as I booted my laptop back up there was a knock on the door. Sighing, I ran down the stairs to the door and opened it.

"Tina?" I gawked at the girl standing on the doorstep. 

She nodded. "Yup. You're Zyta. I remembered your white hair!" she said happily.

"I'm glad my dyed hair sparked your memory. And hey, you're talking regularly again," I said quietly. She shrugged.

"Yeah!" Tina said carelessly. "Anyway, what are you doing, Zyta?" 

"I am trying to contact Markus and the others," I replied. "Go ahead and come inside." She walked in and I shut the door behind her.

"Your house is very large," she said. 

"Yeah, it is. My dad own a large company, so we've got lots of money," I explained.

"What does your mother do?" she asked. 

I hesitated. "She died a long time ago. It's why my dad is really overprotective of me."

"Oh," she whispered. "Do you have any siblings?"

I shook my head. "I did back in the game, but not here in real life."

"The game?" Tina looked confused as I led her up the stairs.

"Yeah. Our consciousness's were all trapped in a game. When we 'died' we got a game over and now we're back in the real world," I explained, leading her into my room and plopping down into my computer chair.

"I faintly remember dying," she said, then added, "How did you die?"

"I jumped off the roof of a hospital. Basically I pulled a Sherlock," I replied casually, then quickly started typing away on my laptop. I heard Tina faintly say, "Oh".