swagger friend of mine..

i rushed up to my room. it was 6. he had asked me to be online at 5:30 so basically i was late too. 

"Liz?" my mom's voice interrupted my marathon-style run. 

"yeah mom?" i asked sweetly. 

"nothing, how was your day?" mom asked with a smile.

"later ma, i promise." i said, ran down the stairs kissed her cheek and started towards my room again. 

"Laura! get off my laptop, right now!" i caught my sister staring at the screen, smiling sheepishly, reading his texts, i was sure.

"oops, sorry sister. they're just too irresistible." she said.

"don't you have better stuff to do than digging into my account." i snapped. 

"i do, like letting you know that you look like a potato today." she smiled slyly. 

yep, that's my sister, mean, wicked, just a year elder but thinks she's supposed to give me advice on everything i do. including my daily routine, from my hair to my toes. my bag to my book labels. from my love life to...hey wait, i didn't have a love life. and yes, she loves commenting on how i look, no matter how much that hurts me, that filthy, make-up covered sister of mine. 

"get out!" i ordered as she ran outta my room with a giggle. 

i stood there and took a deep breath before racing to the lap top. 

Canadianswagger : you were supposed to be online...

Canadianswagger : you're not...

Canadianswagger : i'm mad..

Canadianswagger : okay i'm not..

Canadianswagger : i'm out..bye.

confusedunicorn : no wait..i'm sorry..

yes, that's me. (stop laughing..) 

confusedunicorn : canadianswagger? 

he wasn't there. ouch! silent slap hurts the most! it was funny how that guy affected my mood so much. like i didn't even know him. i did now but only via internet. what the hell? i did not even know if he was a guy. but i believed in him. he made me believe. 

"aw, c'mon. don't do this. i gotta tell you something!" i groaned and animatedly talked to my laptop screen. 

"Liz, dinner in half and hour." mom screamed from downstairs as I yelled an 'okay' back.

i shut my laptop and dug my wardrobe until i found my pyjama's. the ones with unicorn prints. confused little unicorns searching a Canadian swagger would tell them where to go. but he was not online. i checked one last time before heading to the shower. 

~dinner table~

i settled next to daddy and opposite Laura. my mobile stuck to my hand, just in case he messaged.

Laura smiled at me, the same, irritating grin i hated. i smiled back. the confused smile. 

"honey, can you help me out with the faucet. it's.." mom shouted.

"coming." dad said and left. 

"how's that swaggy boyfriend of your's?" she asked, more interested in my story than she was in her boyfriend's football match. c'mon, was it so hard to guess. him, the football player, her, the cheerleader. hot shirtless boy, cute mini-skirt girl. what happens? love happens. 

"he's not my boyfriend." i said plainly.

"yeah, your cyber love. better?" she asked as i ignored her question, checking my inbox. no new messages.