2

Fall Into Your Gravity -- II.

Liam and Zayn have kindly agreed to pop to the shops before Harry rings the bell. Waiting at the top of the stairs, Louis is grinning just to hear Harry take the steps two at a time, bounding up with cheerful energy. Unlike before, his hair is a careless mess and he's wearing jeans instead of the somewhat fancier trousers he'd worn earlier this afternoon. They fit well enough to be tailor-made. So does the white t-shirt, which clings in all the right places.

Alright, Harry is one of those boys who change clothes during the day, then. Should have guessed. After all, he had been wearing makeup during their first encounter.

Speaking of... "Your makeup is gone," Louis says by way of a greeting.

Harry comes to a halt in front of him, teeth flashing in a smile. He's barely out of breath, something that sets him apart from most of their friends who come up here and aren't used to climbing five storeys in an old building with high ceilings. Harry must work out. The thought is rather sexy.

"Would you like me to put some lipstick on?" Harry asks, interrupting Louis' train of thought before it can derail completely. His tone is bright and amused. "Blusher, maybe? I could come back."

"No, absolutely not." Louis wonders whether it would be too forward to touch the corner of Harry's mouth to emphasise his point. The likely answer is yes, but Louis does it anyway and Harry doesn't jerk back at the touch, merely grins at Louis, shadows collecting in his dimples. "This," Louis says, dropping his hand, "is better."

"Thanks." Harry's voice is laced with laughter. He glances past Louis into the flat, and oh, right. Good host and all that. Louis has never been a particularly gifted one, but he'll try his damn hardest if it means he'll get to stare at those lovely dimples just a little longer.

Opening the door wide, he makes a sweeping gesture. "Come on in, then. You're in luck that my flatmates are out, or they'd make nuisances of themselves."

Harry follows him in, patting his pockets as he does so, and then hands over Louis' mobile almost absently, as if it were completely normal to find someone's expensive phone and drive halfway across London to return it. Well, Louis doesn't know whether it really was halfway across London, but it's the principle of the thing.

It's just... nice, that's what it is. Harry could have asked Louis to pick it up himself and didn't, and since Louis has yet to buy this month's travel card, he rather appreciates it.

Also, it's just nice to have Harry here, looking around the flat's dimly lit kitchen with curious eyes. The light of a single lamp above the work surface softens his features as he steps closer to the spiral staircase that leads to the roof, glancing up. In the darkness that lingers outside, it's probably a bit hard to make out the plants which surround the exit above.

"This is great," Harry says, shoving both hands into his pockets. Louis wonders whether he should mention that the only reason he is able to afford a room in this flat is because Liam's uncle owns it and makes allowances for three poor students. Then again, there's no reason why Harry needs to know about the perpetually difficult state of Louis' bank account, especially not when he is possibly able to afford tailor-made clothing, or else is very gifted at finding things that fit him just right. Information like that can wait until the third date or so.