Samuel's POV

Savannah, Payson, and I searched 7 skyscrapers and found 58 cans, 43 candy bars, and 36 water bottles. That was definitely a good find. We were about to head to the next building, until a gunshot got us ready for combat.

Bang!

"What do we do?! What do we do?!" Payton started freaking out. Savannah slapped him across the mouth.

"Snap out of it!" she yelled. "We need to make sure Gavin's okay. He's the only one able to fly that whirlybird for many miles."

Each of us took out our pistols and ran for the hospital. Once it was in sight, the helicopter was taking off.

"That coward!" I yelled. "Is he really scared of a simple gunshot?"

"That's not Gavin flying that thing," Payson corrected me. Sure enough, a tall, older man sat in the pilot's seat as the chopper turned around and faced the building. The mounted guns on each side of the cockpit started to spin their barrels before firing at the hospital roof.

Spraka-Spraka-Spraka-Spraka-Spraka-Spraka-Spraka-Spraka-Spraka-Spraka-Spraka

"He must be firing at Gavin," I yelled. "Let's go!"

We climbed 7 flights of stairs until the roof access door was reached. There, we climbed a ladder to the sunlight. Behind the building's A/C unit, Gavin sat in cover from the helicopter. I ran from the doorway and slid to Gavin side. He had a black eye and seemed bruised and bloodied every where.

"A man in a military uniform pulled me out of there and beat me with his bat," he whined. "Then he took the controls and gonna kill me!"

"Where did you get shot?" I asked.

"Shot?"

"That gunshot before he took the chopper. Wait-, was that not you?"

"No, I figured that it came from one of you guys."

That's means that Gabe, Sarah, and Kai could be in danger, but I didn't have time for that. I had to take care of this. Savannah and Payson joined us.

"How do we get it back?" Savannah asked. "Isn't there like some sort of remote control to bring it here?"

"Yes," Gavin said sarcastically. "I keep it next to my unicorn and rocket ship."

Savannah slapped him, too.

"Well, we need a plan," Payson said.

"Shoot at it?" I asked.

"Shoot at it," Savannah smiled evilly.

We each rolled out of cover and pulled out our pistols. We aimed at the angry looking pilots, who would indeed begin to shoot sooner or later.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!