Not the same Jennifer

A few weeks later
I walk into school with Colin at my side. Well Mr O'Donoghue here. We have been spending a lot of time together recently and I enjoy it, sometimes we play darts and other times he tutors me. For such a long time, I've struggled with school but now. Now he really does help me.

Michael doesn't talk to me anymore, unless he's throwing insults. Me and Lana, now that interesting... We've developed a new friendship. I hang around with her now, Bex admitted not liking Lana and I felt bad. I caused it really.
'You're the new it girl now' Colin mutters as we enter school. I smile,
yes I am.
Since hanging with Lana, I've got new fashion sense, more welcomed and certainly a new attitude, no ones going to push me around anymore.
'See you. Mr O'Donoghue.' I smile
'Lesson in 5' he reminds me.
'I'll be there.' He laughs as I take the side door into the rather large bathrooms. They always smell like piss, disgusting. How anyone can use these I fail to see.
'So, there is this slut who needs teaching a lesson.' Lana enters the room, makeup on full and heels. Well heels to kill with. I Laugh at her frustrated face.
'Let's go then.' I don't hesitate, grabbing my bag.
'Hold on let's get you sorted first.

Colin's POV
I enter the small, compact staff room and finally have a seat to claim as my own. I smile, it's been nice tutoring Jennifer. Not even that, her company is something I adore having. I think I'm...
'So you and Miss Morrison have been together a lot. Should there be a concern?' Mr Dallas sits beside me, muttering words as he does. He's a wicked man, strict beyond imaginable. I remember the day he shouted at Jen and made her cry, I won't forgive him for that. Not that it's my place to hold a grudge...
'No concern, I've been tutoring her History.' I smile, why I'm doing nothing wrong. Teachers tutor right?
'Hm, you just have to be careful with the prying eyes' he glances at me, rather sly.
'Of course. She's a lovely student-'
I'm interrupted by a large knock at the door when Mrs Goodwin enters holding two teens by the scruff of the collars. I place my hand to my forehead in disappointment when I notice who it is.
'Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison caught bullying and fighting outside'
Jennifer clocks my eye as she seeks the room, perhaps hoping I wasn't here to see her this way. A face full of makeup and heels to match. Is this the same Jennifer I met? Times are changing.. People are too.
'Bullying who?' Mr Dallas raises from the seat his aggression represented across his forehead.
'Emilie De Ravin' Goodwin mutters before letting go of the girls.
'Lana, you've been warned about this!'
He snaps walking towards the girls, I stand and head to make myself a drink. Although, Jennifer is wrong I can't bare for his to yell at her.
'And Jennifer, I'm disappointed. I was just being told about what a reformed character you were by Mr O'Donoghue..' I hesitate stopping and looking at Jennifer, she looks at me half smiling and then towards the ground.
'I'm ashamed of both of you. Now detentions at the end of the day, get to your lessons now.'
Shit lesson.. Mine..
I grab my bag and dart out the office, straight past Lana and Jen. You'd of thought I'd of gotten better at this.. I haven't, I'm still useless at timing.

1 hour later
Jennifer's POV
I'm so ashamed of what I allowed myself to do today, I know she deserved it but that's not the point. The look on the teachers faces.. Oops. Well there is nothing more that I can do now, at least people won't treat my like crap.
'Mr O'Donoghue, can I have a word?'
I head to his desk as all the other students begin leaving.
'Sorry, Jennifer. I have another class now.' He doesn't even look at me, his hand raised pointing at the door for me to leave. He's never like this? Is he disappointed in me?

End of the day
I walk out of detention, Lana muttering beside me. That was a useless hour of my life, wasted. I could of been.. Colin, I see Colin leaving school. I turn to Lana, telling her I have to dash. And run after Colin.
'Colin..' I call, not in hearing distance of anyone. He stops glancing at me before continuing.
'Are you angry at me?'
I say after following him for a few moments. Slowly, he stops facing me now.
'I'm not angry Jennifer-' I smile.
'I'm just disappointed.' I see it stretch across his face, an emotion he's never felt towards me before. I'm taken back, I never wanted to disappoint him.
'Look I'm sorry. She deserved it.'
He huffs.
'See, there again 'she deserves it' Jennifer, you've changed.'
He continues to walk.
'Yes for the better!' I reinstate, convincing myself.
'If you believe so.' He mutters.
'So, tutoring me or darts tonight?'
I smile dashing beside him. He stops glancing at me, with the same expression as before.
'Ye, about that. It's not necessary anymore.' He continues to walk. I grab his arm. Immediately he withdraws, normal he would of allowed me to do so.
'Has someone said something?'
'No Jennifer. It's just, you're not the same.'
I laugh.
'Of course I'm not, I'm not the stupid Jennifer who lets people walk all over her' we stop at his car.
'You was never stupid.'
He opens the boot of his car, adding his bag and closing it again. I stand opposite the car as he walks to the drivers side.
'What has this got to do with tutoring?'
I smile, I can feel him distancing for me.
'You're not the same Jennifer that I fell in lo- that I...want to tutor..'
I watch him get in the car and reverse out of the drive, his eyes watching mine. Mine are now filling. I pull my phone from my pocket looking at my reflection, all this makeup. I scrub it desperately.
I'm disappointed in myself.