S I X

A/N: For all those who are reading, commenting, voting and just showing love in general? Thank you so much! About 231 reads is a lot to me since I thought this book wasn't going to get far. I'm trying to get back into the groove of writing, because it's been a long while. So thank you berry much. I appreciate it a bunch. ❤️

Scarlet's POV

All of a sudden, I felt a rush of..of.. strangeness rush over me as I glanced between the camera and this Benny character. So you mean to tell me that I accidentally took a picture of a boy that I have never met before? It technically wasn't even my fault. He chose to interrupt camera time, correct?

"U-Uh, thanks.." I finally answered as I looked up at him. Damn, he's really tall. Definitely tall enough to reach my tea cups. Which is always a struggle for me. Curse being so close to the ground. Being short has its perks though. Anyways..

"You're welcome." He nodded.

I rolled my lips together and looked at the scenery all around him and then back at him. "Not to bed or anything. This is totally going to come out rude anyway, but why are you here?" I questioned slowly. He just chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck.

"I'm going to be honest. I just wanted to tell you that I like how you pitch." He said with a little doofy smile. It took a lot for me to not let out a snort. Be nice, Scar..

"I bet that's not the only thing you like." I grumbled to myself. He began to look at me with confusion.

"Huh?"

"Nothing, nothing! But thank you, pitching has been my specialty for quite some time." I informed him. He nodded.

"You used to play a lot before you moved here?" He asked.

I nodded my head rather slow. All of a sudden I began to feel weird again. Nervous even?

"Yeah, I was on a softball team."

"That's cool."

"Mhmm." I hummed and just like that it got silent. I rolled my lips together and gazed up at him. Only to see that he was looking at the ground. At this angle, it would have been the perfect time to take picture, but am I going to do that? Hell no.

Just then his head shot up. "Ohh! Another thing, I just wanted to apologize for my friends behavior, it was really rude." He spoke as he brought his hand up to rub the back of his neck, with a lip bite to follow.

I just shrugged it off. "It's okay, no big deal." It really wasn't a big deal to be honest. I've dealt with much worse attitude. That was basically nothing even though it was way too early to deal with that kind of behavior, but it's all over now.

"Oh, well cool."

This is just getting out of hand. This conversation is just awkward, weird and any other similar word that can come to mind. Maybe if we met on different circumstances, it would have been different.

"Well, I'm going to go continue taking pictures now..." I trailed off as I gazed down at my camera and then back up at him. He looked down at my camera as well nodded his head.

"Well have fun with that." He spoke up with a cute, little grin. I couldn't help but give a little grin back, myself.

"Will do, sweetheart." I gave him a full on smile after that and started to walk around him.

"My name is Benjamin, but people call me Benny." He grabbed onto my arm lightly,s topping me. His touch was rather warm. Soft skin, very soft. okay, I'm weird.

"Nice to meet you Benny, the name's Scarlet." I looked back at him with a soft smile. He nodded as he released my arm. I gave him a little wave before walking away.

 I looked down at my camera and clicked on the button to show me the pictures that I have taken. The first picture to pop up was the one of Benny. He was looking right into the camera with a light smirk formed on his lips. I'll give credit when it's due and let me tell you, he is one good looking boy.

A/N: This update was really short and I apologize for that. This chapter had me stuck for a while, but I hope you guys still enjoyed anyways. Let me know what you think of it though.

If you haven't already you guys should check out my Luis Mendoza story. 'Golden'

Stay fantabulous, yeah?

- TrippyDaVinci.