Three

Joy had a sudden urge to get up and walk around. She wanted to get out of the bed. The doctor had removed the catheter and told her to be careful. She had been but laying in bed made her want to go crazy. She was lonely, didn't have anyone to talk to, and she was bored. Something she had missed while in captivity but now wanted it to go away. The doctor hadn't come back since the previous night. She had seen a nurse but only long enough to give her pain medicine and very little food. She was beginning to think she was in captivity again. They hadn't given her a phone. Though she desperately wanted to phone her mother. If she was still in Caldwell. She had missed her so much. She wanted to hear her voice. As she paced her room she saw people passing in the halls. She envied them. She wanted to be out there. She wanted human contact. She wanted freedom, something she lost a year ago when she was taken. She walked to the glass and looked out. People didn't pay her any mind. They acted like they couldn't see her. This irritated her. She wanted something. Something different. She began to pace again. She decided to call the nurse or doctor in. She hit the page button and waited. She sat on the bed knowing that she was growing tired. Her body couldn't handle much anymore. The door slid open revealing a tall man with long black hair.
" What can I do for you?" He demanded of her.
"Where is my doctor or nurse?" She demanded back at him.
"Your doctor is asleep, your nurse us with her family right now. I am all you have. What can I do for you?"
"I'm starving. I want to call my mother, I want company. I am bored. When can I get out of here?"
"I will see what I can do for food. You can't call your mother. No one is allowed to be in here. I will see about getting you something to do. As for getting out. Jane has to be satisfied with your health and condition. We don't get know what they did to you."
"They stabbed me with needles. Needles full of something that burned and made me exhausted. They starved me. Kept me in a room just a little smaller than this. They took my blood. They beat me. What more do you need?"

Phury was still angry about the accusations he had gotten from Jane. Cormia tried to comfort him by telling him she believed him. But it irritated him. How could a girl be his child if he hadn't had sex with her. He didn't want to admit it but he was scared he had forgotten that. Cormia was the love of his life. He wanted to keep her happy. She had to deal with this girl every day until Jane released her. What could be different now? Would she leave him if this girl was truely his? Even if he didn't remember creating her? He wasn't sure but he couldn't voice those thoughts to Cormia. She would be crushed. She had just left him to go to work in the clinic. He really wanted a red smoke but he knew he didn't dare. Cormia hated when he smoked. She wanted him to be more open. How could he be with something like this? Why didn't he remember creating a child?

Sorrow walked down to the medical unit that morning on a whim. He stopped just before entering. Vishous was working it and he didn't dare just go in. Nothing was wrong with him. He wanted to see the female. He wanted to see how she was doing. But he doubted he could. He felt a hand on his shoulder and jumped. He turned and saw Cormia.
"Oh I'm sorry." He said as he moved out of her way.
"Is everything alright?" She questioned.
" Oh, yeah, I wanted an update on the escapees. You know to kind of know about what happened to them. As I go into rotation in a day or two." He responded with a little lie.
She nodded, "As of early this morning, the males blood were both back to the normal red. They aren't showing any long lasting signs of harm. They may possibly be released in a day or so. The female." She sighed, "Her blood is still black. She's loksing weight. Is constantly talking about pain. She will need to be kept longer. Possibly through her change."
"Black blood? You mean like a Lesser? Does she smell like one?"
"No, that's the confusing part. Neither of them do. Jane is worried about her because her change us coming fast and if she isn't stable then there could be issues."
"Issues? Death you mean?"
"Possibly, but there are so many unknowns. No one has seen this before."