One

It was the sharp poke of the needle that told her it was morning. The burning pain of whatever they injected into her body always came next. She felt herself growing weaker and weaker. She knew she would probably die soon. Hell, she hoped she did. The pain of this torture was beyond her. She wasn't sure how long she had been captive but she knew that each morning started with the injection. Then countless hours of isolation where she heard distant screams. Then came the medical testing. Drawing of her blood. Testing of her scenses. This made no sense to her but she knew that she would die here. Never to see her mother again. The burning dulled and that meant that she was free of the needle and that she would soon be alone. An alarm sounded jolting her and calling whoever was in her room out. She hadn't been restrained. She hadn't heard the door lock. She tested her shaky legs and ran for the door. In the hall were three men. All of whom looked like they had been through what she had been but worse. They swore and grabbed her hand and pulled her after them. She followed as fast as her weak legs would take her. The men seemed to know when she was weak because they picked her up and began to run. Soon they were outside and running into the woods. One of the men was looking at a cell phone. Wait, a cell phone? They had a phone. She heard him talking in some strange language. Then they were off at a run and she was held tightly against one of their chests. Before she knew what was happening she saw the street and pointed it out. They followed her direction and then the men slowed.
"How far out did they say?" The one who was holding her asked.
"Three miles past the lake. We passed it back there. About two and a half to go. I can take her." The one with the phone said.
"You speak English? Who is coming?" She demanded of them.
" The brothers. Don't worry no one will hurt us anymore. "
Just then her body was wracked with a roll of pain. One so much different than the pain she had felt before. It was followed by several more as the men ran.
"Shit. Call them. She's... She's..."
She couldn't hear anymore due to the ringing in her ears. The world around her began to get fuzzy and black.

"Yo, Phury, they called back. The female. She's having some kind of reaction. They believe she is pretrans but can't tell if it's her change." Rhage told him.
He turned his head, "How can't they tell?"
"They said she was injected with... Something this evening. They are requesting medical attention for her. They will need minimal themselves. I've already called all hands on deck. Jane and Manny were on rounds. Ehlena and Vishous are with Z and John getting to these people. Marissa and Havers are on their way from safe place."
"Does Wrath know?"
"Do you want to be the one to interrupt their alone time?"
Phury didn't want to but he needed to. This was an important matter. The lessers had kidnapped three males and a possible pretrans female. Who knew how many more. They needed the king. He had to be the one to make the decision.
He took out his phone and dialed the king.
"Phury." He heard Wraths harsh voice say, "This better be important."
"Three males phoned claiming to be survivors of a lesser kidnapping. They claim to know where the compound is. They said they may have a pretrans female with them." he relayed softly.
"Details. What did they say their names were?"
"They didn't. But their story has merit. We received word of six males going missing just tks week ago. We have been looking into that. They said the girl was injected with something. She... She seems to be in bad shape."
"Give us half hour. Give medical trestment to them. But only under quarantine. I will want a word with them once I arrive."
"Will do. Don't worry."
The sound of squealing tires called his attention. He ended the call and rushed to the medical unit to help make the unit useable for quarantine.

********
Well here it is the first chapter!!! I can't believe book six has begun! This is amazing.

How was that for a first chapter? I plan for more lesser attacks and some more drama.

Don't forget to follow, like, comment, and tell me your thoughts!

XOXO