Fifteen

Joy woke feeling well rested and amazingly not in pain. She hadn't known what happened and was still confused but she happened to get a gist. Her needing being set upon her by Phoenix. Sorrow serviced her by making love to her. She didn't remember much but pain then the feelings of intense pleasure. Over and over. She smiled to herself as she headed to the shower. He was still asleep so she didn't bother waking him. Once showered she quietly went into her room and put on a pair of jeans she had been given and a black form fitting t shirt. She brushed her hair back into a pony tail and smiled. She felt amazing. Knowing that they were mates and had been together during her needing made her feel like he wanted her. Like he loved her. She vaguely remembered him calling her his love. She turned to the bed and snuck out of the room. Out in the hall she saw Phoenix.
"How are you doing?" She asked Phoenix as she approached her.
"Sore. I've been trying to walk the pains away but they won't." She said.
"What kind of pains? Where? How far along are you?"
"Cramp like feelings in my lower stomach and belly. I'm due any time now. Actually I'm a week over due."
Joy knew that she was having contractions. She grabbed her hand and slowly led her down the stairs. Stopping for a few moments for the next contraction to pass.
"Those feelings are contractions. I'm taking you to the medical unit. Jane and the others can help you. Where is your mate?"
Phoenix stopped for a minute. "He's out... Hunting. With Sorrow out servicing you someone needed to cover him. Most of the brotherhood are out."
She heard a voice in the den, "Help. She's having contractions!"
Jane hurried into the room, "I'll help you get her downstairs to a room. I'll need you to scrub in. She can't go through this alone."
Joy nodded and followed Jane down to the medical unit. The curtains surrounding her biological mothers room were closed but she didn't have time to wonder. She scrubbed in and dressed in the sterile outfit that Jane pushed at her.
"Stand by her head. Hold her shoulders and speak softly to her. I have to see how far dilated she is." Jane said, "A four. Still a ways to go. I want you to keep her calm. I'll get the pain medicine and try to call Darius."

Sorrow was patrolling with Darius and Butch when their phones started ringing. He pulled it out and looked at the message. It was for Darius. Phoenix was in labor and having their young. He dematerialized from their presence and Sorrow envied him. He wanted a young. He wanted Joy to become pregnant. But usually it didn't happen for the first needing, or so he imagined. Butch opted to head back to the mansion. They jumped into the SUV and headed back. He hadn't had a chance to speak with Joy after her needing and he wasn't supposed to be fighting either but he wanted a distraction. He needed time to think.
"So are you going to do a mating ceremony?" Butch asked him.
Sorrow sighed, "I want to. But I don't know about her. Hell Phury doesn't even believe she's his daughter. I want her to be happy and have a relationship with her father. Mating her could destroy that."
"Have you spoken to Phury about this? He may surprise you."
"No I don't want to strain him any more."

A scream echoed in bed ears as another contraction hit. The medication wasn't working and Phoenix was in so much pain. She had been pushing for almost an hour and no baby. The father was holding her hands while Joy whispered encouraging words in her ear.
"The baby isn't coming this way. We need to do an emergency c section. Darius I need you out of here. I need you outside. Joy lay the bed flat and roll that cart over here. Phoenix I know this hurts I need you to sit up so I can give you a more direct medication. This baby has to come now."
Joy did as asked and rolled the cart to Jane. As soon as she did they raised a sheet between Phoenix and her belly. Within moments a cry erupted into the room and Jane handed the baby to Joy. She showed it to Phoenix before taking it to be washed up. She gently cleaned the baby up and put a diaper on it. She weighed it with the help of Cormia. They then repeated the baby and showed it to Phoenix again.
"What... What is it?" She muttered while loosing her color.
"A... Girl." Joy said.
"Joy take the baby to Darius. She's loosing blood. I can't stop the bleeding. Cormia come here. Hit the emergency button. We need Manny and Viscous. Blood. I need blood."