1

The constant hum of the downpour grows louder and louder with every second, the rain getting closer to him. As he lies on the wet, soft mud, the rain beats down on everything, landing on him and fluidly sliding down his sides. He faces the sky, eyes closed, but feels the air around him, the bombardment of the raindrops. The stars in the sky are covered by the thick curtain of rain clouds, making the sky look a great field of grey.

A lightning bolt strikes some ground somewhere, but he is not afraid. The thunder follows suit right after the purple, jagged bolt lands, lighting up the night sky. Another one hits a tree this time, felling it. Although the timber lands dangerously close to him, he isn't scared or alarmed at all. He is in tune with nature, understands it. He knows what it is going to do, the patterns and the cycle of everything. People think nature is an uncontrollable, destructive force, but in fact, he knows it is a beautiful dance, every dance move falling into place to form one extravagant and eventual piece.

The bass-like booms of the thunderclaps accompanies the soothing drumming of rain. The light show of blades of purple light dances across the clouds and illuminates the whole place.

The rain gets heavier and heavier, the scurrying of little creatures disappear as they hide in the safety of their warrens and tunnels. The sound of the thunder and rain becomes so deafening, the boy cannot hear his own thoughts.

The boy blinks at the sky, the clouds.

Stop.

Every single droplet of water on its way down to the ground freezes in mid-air.