38

When I wake up, it's eleven in the morning. I sit up on the couch and look around for Kammy and Germaine, but they're not in their beds. I stand up and walk around and go to the bathroom but there isn't anyone in there. I call out, "Kammy? Germaine? Are you here?"

There's no answer but then, my eyes spot a note on the small television on the counter in front of the room. There's a note taped to it saying, "We're out buying gas and food, be back at 12pm." I tear it off the television screen and place it on the counter.

That's cool, I'll just have to wait another hour. I jump back unto the sofa and reach for the remote. When I turn the TV on, the screen bursts into spazzing statics but soon resolves to a news channel, with two tired hosts sitting across a long table. I increase the volume of the speakers so I can hear what they're saying.

"... bringing you the footage now is Natasha. Nat, could... explain this peculiar video?"

"Sure thing, Robert. This recent video shot by a citizen in Washington has brought us new footage of the self-proclaimed 'alpha-species' of Earth, the Exceptionals. Earlier today, a group of human soldiers and rioters have had a clash with the Exceptionals in Washington." The news channel then plays the grainy and shaky video of a massive army walking towards the white house. The camera zooms out to reveal that the videography is on a high building far away from the action. Screams muffled by gunshots are heard once three men exit the White House. "As you cam see, before the Exceptionals have even started fighting, our human soldiers have already opened fire on them."

The video continues to show the fighting. One of the Rogues fell dead at the beginning, one lucky bullet took him by the head. The fighting ensues, humans are losing quickly to the remaining two Rogues. One can bend rocks and concrete, like Jared and pulls out a huge chunk of dark cement from the road to flatten and smash a good number of humans. The other seems to be able to shoot some kind of light energy, a steady stream of radiating pinkish-beam that knocks down many people. Eventually though, the soldiers and fighters outnumber them and manages to kill the Rogues with their huge guns.

I'm very impressed; the humans managed to defeat some crazy powerful dudes. If they can do it, I hope Edward and the rest will be able to stand up against the Rogues to stop their colonisation.

I then realise I'm missing out on all the action. Do Edward and the rest of our group know that I was kidnapped by the Rogues? I have to get back to them, but how do I go back to the UK? I have to wait until the sisters come back, then I can get them to drive me to an airport, but... what about the tickets? And didn't Germaine say something about the Rogues controlling America's airports? They cancelled flights and made sure the people couldn't leave the country.

Shoot, what do I do? Wait, what if the Rogues hijacked the plane and got Edward and the rest captured like me back in Oregon? That means Edward and FP, Louise, Jared and Yin-Jun are still stuck in the Rogue's base! All those other doors led to more cells, were they in there? Oh no, I can't... did I leave them there?

All my thoughts rush in my head at once, I'm flooded and flustered I have no idea what to do.

I back away and fall back into the sofa. I sit in place to wait for Kammy and Germaine to come back.