27

I randomly pick a direction to run down the hall way. I choose right and end up in a dead end. There's no windows, just a huge, cemented wall. That means I have to run all the way back to the other end of the corridor. I go to the other end, the left side, slower this time, and on the way, I run past my room, identifiable due to the half-closed door. It's about a hundred-metre long hallway before I reach the end, which is a... No, it can't be, it's a dead end.

I shake my head and ruffle my own hair, frustrated. Maybe I can get out through one of the doors? But there at least ten different doors on the side of the hallway. I try the first door. It's locked. I think to myself, if it's locked, it should be important. The door seems to be made of plywood or some kind of thin wood. I bet I could break it.

I fling my hands out, roll up my sleeve a little. I clench my fist and pop my knuckles. With my shoulder and arm aimed at the door, I take a step back and heave out heavily. Now.

Adrenaline rushes through my body as I dash towards the door and put my weight on my right side, where I'm intending to smash the door with my right upper arm. When my shoulder comes into contact with the door, I feel a sharp pain all over my arm, and the door cracks and snaps into splinters all over my face. I squint as I fall through the door. I land on some broken pieces of wood, and feel some fresh blood dripping down my arm.

I cough and swipe away the dust and splinters off of my face and try to stand up. But when I prop myself up with my arm, my entire limb goes numb and I land my elbow on more wooden shards. I strain to lift my head instead and try to make out where I am.

It's a stair way. And it looks like it's deserted. Yes! Got it right on the first try.

I seem to be on the lowest floor, because the spiral staircase only lead to upstairs. I'm pretty sure I'm going to see daylight soon. I turn my head to look up, and the stairs look like a lot if work to climb up. I would say it's around twenty stories high.

Well, if that's my escape route, there's no other choice, I guess.