Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"I've been searching for you. I just came from your apartment, none was there. Where had you been?" Lander met her along the way.

Kyri smiled at him but it was a faint one.

"Are you alright?" he asked worriedly.

She has a downcast countenance.

"Your eyes show, it can't hide that." It's really distinct to him that there's something going on.

"Yes Lander. I ain't okay." her weak reply.

"Kyri, you can tell me but if you don't want to say it, I'm just... still here." he held her hands. It was cold.

"Why did I...? Why I let myself...?" Kyri was sniffing, controlling her emotion.

"Kyri? Why? What happened?"

"Is this really how love feels?"

Lander looked down. He got a lump in his throat yet has managed to pull himself together. "Falling in the middle of the sea is more like it, either you'll float if you swim, or sink until you drown. If you want to stay away, you must learn to swim. But you stay Kyri, which means you are brave enough to let yourself be drowned to him. All you think is he is the only one who can save you. Like me, I also want to stay in the water. Coldness might torture me to death but I know I'm gonna be okay because I'm with her. I love seeing and feeling that sea."

She's guilt-ridden and couldn't look straight at him. "I'm sorry Lander."

"No, no. I'm not saying this for you to be sorry or something. It's just a fact. Most people feel that. That's how love is most of the time. You know? One-sided." he explained. "We're friends still, right?"

"Of course but I don't wanna hurt you."

"Even if it hurts seeing you loving someone, I'll bear it. It hurts even more seeing you hurting. I just can't ignore you just like that."

"Lander..." Kyri looked at him glumly and forced a smile. "Thank you..."

......

"How did you know I'm here?" Andrew monotonously asked Cynthia.

"I actually don't like how I saw you but I'd seen you on TV being interviewed. You're with Warren and a girl." her voice softened and cracked in the last word.

"Her name is Kyri." he blurted.

"New girlfriend?"

Andrew sighed.

"When I saw that, I got jealous."

......

"If Lander will have a vacation here again, I would definitely go with him so that I could see you again. I hope even if we're away and busy with our own stuffs, we could still have time to communicate with each other like Kyri and Lander do." Philip said to Rizza.

"Ya sure, I will save time for you."

"I did really have a good time in this island. See you again Rizza." he bid his goodbye.

"Thanks Phil, until then."

......

"Daddy, had you noticed mommy being sad a while ago? She looked so weak." Warren told Andrew.

"She's sad? I told her to meet me early this morning in the cottage but she didn't show up. After I had talked with Cynthia, I headed to their apartment but no one was around. Until now I'm still waiting for her to call me back or just to reply to my text."