Chapter 7 (Maria)

Maria pov

Nick and i were walking down the street, it was the first time i had seen him since i went to the Facility back in Ireland, and he said Nicole told him the news. He didn't care though, he didn't think i was crazy like some of my friends, he got it. 

We were walking to his house to watch a movie with some pizza, we were in loud laughter because of a joke he had cracked.

"I'm really glad you came back." He finally said, after the laughter died down.

"Me too." I admitted as he slung his arm over my shoulders.

"Maria!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

Nick and i turned around to see Jake standing in the street. His face was tear streaked, and my face pulled into a smile.

"You're here!" I yell, running to him, hugging him tight. He shoved me back, and i stumbled, trying to regain balance.

I looked up at him, "What's wrong?" I asked, a bit disappointed and sad that he wouldn't hug me, and hold me, kiss me like he used to.

" You leave for a few days, and boom, you have another boyfriend."  He says

"Nick isn't my boyfriend, he's my best friend from school." I say, as if he were being soo silly.

"Don't pull bullshit on me." He said.

"This isn't bullshit, we aren't together, I love you."  I say, stepping closer but he steps back and we stop in place.

"you loved me, i can't believe you would do this."  Jake said, disappointed and sad.

I didn't know what to say. Why was he saying these things, he knew they weren't true, he knew i love him.

That's when he pulled a gun out of his jacket pocket, and my mouth gaped. I tried to scream no, but my voice wouldn't come. That's when the gunshot was heard, and his body hit the floor.

"NOOOO!!!"

*****

My eyes fluttered open, they were wet, and i blinked hard, noticing the white lights on the ceiling, my heart was beating and i realized it was only a dream. More like a nightmare actually...

"You okay?" I screamed as i heard the voice in my ear, and received weird looks from everyone else in the waiting room.

"Damn it, you scared me Niall!" I exclaimed, hitting his arm.

He chuckled, "The doctor said we can see her soon." He said, his eyes bright and happy as if it were christmas morning. I smiled big, and looked over at Jess, who was sitting with harry, they were smiling too, laughing.

Macy woke up, but we have to wait for them to see how bad it is, and how much she remembers, they have to do tests and stuff, so we had to wait, and i guess i fell asleep, we came early this morning, and left late last night.

Liam planned a surprise party for me at home, and it was sweet, i love how their trying to make me feel at home. 

I know we are all so excited to see her, but we are all a bit scared. How much will she remember? Will she even know our names? What if she forgets how to even spell or read or something? God i wish this whole thing never happened, i wish i could have gone to tour, and then we could have came home, and not gotten into an accident.

But then i wouldn't have met jake.....

But then my sister wouldn't be in this condition.

"People here for Patient Macy Holmes?' The doctor asked. We all stood up and he looked at us.