Chapter 16

Natalie had gone back to the hotel, she had gone to bed rather drunk. She only had a few shots and a glass of scotch but it was enough. She woke up the next morning with a splitting headache. She groaned as she awoke. She got out of bed, showered and got dressed ready to leave and head back to her home.

She sat down once she packed her stuff and turned the tv on to watch the news. It had just started and the reporter started with the latest news.

"Good morning everyone. The latest news out of California, an inmate at the Ironwood State Prison has died. It was reported that the inmate had committed suicide, hanging himself from the showers in the gym. Apollo Xavier was a 28 year old male from Detroit and was convicted for several offences, murder, rape and theft to name a few. He was found dead by another inmate and was taken to Palo Verde hospital upon discovery.
"Neil McDowell is the Prisons warden and was at a conference to address Mr. Xavier's suicide."
The news then showed a clip of the warden. "The death of Apollo Xavier is a one in a million occurrence. At Ironwood State we make sure inmates are looked after and treat both members of staff and other inmates like human beings. Mr. Xavier already had a deteriorating mental state. He suffered from schizophrenia, severe depression, bipolar disorder and many other mental health issues. We can assure you that this will not happen again."

Natalie began rummaging through her handbag. She took the note out and opened it up. Along with the note were the pages for 'The Tell Tale Heart.'
'Natalie. I'm no good at writing letters. Don't feel sad for me. I couldn't handle it anymore. I had schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and all that other stupid shit. I missed you. When I left ADX, I didn't want to leave you. You're the only thing that kept me going. So Natalie. I hope the future is kind to you.'