Chapter 2

‘I still haven’t waked up yet,’ I put my hand under my chin while listening to the lecturer explaining the Einstein’s formula. ‘I hate theory of relativity,’ I thought to myself while drawing structure of aeroplane’s engine. 

My real identity was Luna Leonheart but it had been a week that I was trapped in this body of a freshman called Levi. Luckily, he had no close friend in the university yet so it was easier for me to fit in. I tried to think every possible theory of why I was here. Plastic surgery? Brain washed? Amnesia? Another life? Time travel? Dream? Dream???

‘This is too real to be a dream,’ I sat down at the tree nearby and laid on back seeing the blue sky which had wakes left by jet far above. ‘I can see you but you can’t quite see me,’ I giggled thinking of the jet fighter’s pilot and eat the takoyaki I just bought while lying down.

 ‘Theory of relativity, huh?’ something slipped through my conscious mind.

‘Why didn’t I ever think of that!’ I sat leaning to the tree and dialled a number. “Hello!” I called smiled as the phone was picked up. “Is Luna Leonheart lived there?” I excitedly asked the person. “Who is this?” she questioned me back without answering. “Levi Winfry, her friend, did I dail the wrong number?” I showed a bit of disappointment.

“Luna… Is dead. Last week,” she lowered her voice. ‘No way, I’m already dead?’ I was trembling hearing the news. ‘Then what am I? Am I possessing another person body to continue living?’ my eyes shed tears trying to think the logical explanation behind this phenomenon. “Why was she dead?” I bravely tried to ask her.

 “She was sick. If you are her friend you should know that,” the lady seemed want to end the conversation. “I’m sorry for you, you have my sympathy,” I ended the call.

I cupped my face, ‘Wake up! Wake up!’ I reminded myself again that this was a dream.

“Wake uuuup,” someone pulled me out of my stressful thought. “Huh?” I blinked my eyes to see the face of the greeter. “I’m Koji from Relativity class; I suppose you take Nuclear Physics too? Class is about to start,” he squatted and held out his hand to help me stand up.

I looked away blushing when I stood up right in front of him. ‘I’m a boy now, stop it Luna. Plus this is a dream! Stop that blushing,’ I scolded myself.

In the class, I could not stop myself from thinking about the conversation I had earlier. Who would not be in shocked to know herself was already dead and yet alive in other person’s live. Unconsciously, I drew a portrait of Luna, my past self. ‘Why would I be dead?’ I scratched my head though it was not itchy at all.

Like a zombie, I walked out of the class when everyone did.

“Who are you?!” Koji pulled me to one corner while grabbing my SpongeBob t-shirt. “What do you mean?” I shrieked not knowing what to answer. “Luna! You know Luna!” he squinted as if searching answer in my eyes. “I’m her friend, I…” I stuttered thinking about lies that I could think of.

Even if I told him I was Luna, he would not believe it either way!

“Luna do not exist here,” he twisted his grip more as if he want to squash out all of the truth that I knew. ‘That is harsh,’ I admitted the truth, ‘I know she just died,’

“The aeroplane you drew… Are you….

 Luna?” he asked in whispering tone.

-------------

Next: Truth about Levi is yet unrevealed! and now come another man, Koji who seemed to know Luna. Just who the hell is he?  What in the world is going on!