Chapter 3

I hid in my room, trembling.

‘How in the world he knew I am Luna?’ I shivered thinking he might be a grim reaper or maybe he could read people’s mind. ‘Argh,’ I could not even think anything logical anymore since I came to this world.

‘Wake up,’ I cried to myself again, begging myself to wake up. ‘I want to go back home.’

“Are you okay?” a voice whisper near my ear.

I widened my eyes seeing the figure. “How come you are here?” I asked, half crying.

“Your door is unlocked?” she went to the blind and open it to let the light came in. “I’m going to work now, other than takoyaki, would you like anything else?” she asked while looking outside.

“Lucy?” I looked at her, “Is this world real? Don’t you ever think there is another world there?” I asked her without expecting much answer. “Why do you ask?” she laughed, “I thought, all you think is aeroplane or food.”

I glared at her, wanting her to be more serious. “Well, we never know,” she gave one simple answer.

She then left, leaving me still wondering about the long dream I just had.

Lucy was my twin sister. She was a hardworking genius who was now working as a leader scientist for some kind of project which I never knew what it was, while I was still in my first year of university.

I went to the university as usual avoiding contact with everyone. I used to being alone since I was little. The only friend I made in school was my sister but since she advanced quickly, I was left alone.

‘What a weird dream,’ I still could not get it out of my mind. ‘Koji,’ I spoke to myself as I drew him on my A4 note pad.

“Koji?” A girl behind me indirectly asked. “You know him?” though I didn’t want to start conversation with anyone, I could not keep myself from asking. She smiled and looked at the back of the class where Koji sat. People said everyone they saw in the dream was the people whom they had met in real life, consciously or not. I smiled, thinking I had solved the riddle.

“Luna, wait up,” since I was enrolled in the university, I never heard anyone called out my name. I looked over my shoulder to find Koji, running toward me.

I staggered, probably not knowing how to interact with him. “I am Koji, I suppose you know me,” he introduced himself. I glanced away, thinking what he meant by knowing him. Is he talking about the dream or the Mathematics class just now? “Yea, we are in Maths class together,” I turned away to evade more conversation.

“There is something I want to ask you,” he called again. “You are the only one who I could think of,” I looked back and his eyes showed the eyes of a person begging for help. I stopped, “If it is about Maths, you could ask the lecturer,” I rejected to help in any way, “If it is other matter, find someone else.”

“Levi,” he said out loud as I started to walk away again, “Levi Winfry.”

My face showed sudden change.

“He is my dear friend,” he said with watery eyes. “...and he had been long gone  from this world.”

--------

Luna is back from the dream world but just as she thought it was really just a dream, Koji then appear again. Is she still dreaming? What does Koji mean by 'this world'!

Next: Koji revealed truth that had been haunting him and truth about their relationship.