Chapter 5

“Morning sunshine, can’t you ever wake up on your own,” it was the old man again. He was my father in this alternate world.

‘Wait,’ I touched my chest, ‘I’m back to Levi, again?’

“What? Are you dreaming of girls touching you?” he laughed looking at my attitude, “Get a girlfriend, Levi.”

I watched Koji from afar. ‘How can he be in this world and my world at the same time?’ that was another question I wanted to ask.

Koji POV

As usual I was watching Levi again, sketching plane like Luna always did.

“Are you Luna today?” I asked him after the class ended, not wanting to give up on the friend who I had lost. “I didn’t mean to come back to this body,” he said stuttering, “I really don’t know anything.”

“I want to tell you a secret,” I dragged him out of the crowd to the back of the department building. “I can travel between worlds, literally. I mean, my mind can consciously move from world to world provided I still live in that world.” “So?” he still didn’t know where I was going with that fact.

“Will you travel with me? To find Levi?” I enthusiastically asked though I have another hidden agenda.

“You are crazy! Tonight I’m going to have a peaceful sleep and this world will vanish! This world never exists in the first place,” he insisted, thinking this was a dream. I snapped at his cruel words, “Did you know why Levi was died in the first place? He died to save you,” I gripped his collar hard, “And you are going to save him, now!” I commanded.

I closed my eyes, I felt I was leaving the world I was in to another world. I batted my eyes.

“Luna?” I searched for her. ‘She must be at her class now,’ I run toward the aerospace department to find her waiting for the next class.

“Luna,” I called her almost whispering. Her eyes zoomed at me when she suddenly ran. ‘Why is she running away?’ I thought to myself, ‘this is much difficult than ever!’

 I spotted her near the bus stop, “Luna why are you running away!” I shouted to her, ‘We are going to save Levi, aren’t we?’ I sighed heavily. Fear was drawn all over her face as if I was going to kill her or what.

She looked away and trying to cross the road, when suddenly, a car from different direction hit her. “No!!!!” I shouted. ‘It is all happening again but not it is not Levi anymore. Luna too…’

‘No, Koji! Don’t kill her again,’ a voice echoed in my head, Levi’s voice. I ran to the bleeding Luna and cried for help.

‘I won’t let her die, ever again,’ another voiced angrily changed the mood.

Not long, I felt blood coming out of my chest too. It happened too fast, someone just shot me down. ‘Who is there?’ I tried to find the face of my killer.

“Never try to revive Levi, again,” the voice was whispering near me.

“Lucy, I don’t want to die yet,” I heard Luna crying in pain. “Shh.. I will not let you die, again,” the scary voice soothed her.