Ch. 9 - Deaths

Through the years of being a ninja I got taught to never give up, not even when everything seems lost. So right now I hoped for a miracle, something that would make this situation look less horribly desperate, but luck really wasn't on my side today.  

I was standing next to Sakura, breathing heavily, clenching my fists and carefully looking around. '' Sakura... You should stay out of this one. ''  

Sakura looked at me with surprise. It seemed like she already wanted to say something, but then Chiyo spoke up: '' You too, Chiharu. You are wounded and Sakura got hit by Sasori's poison. It would be better for you to stand back. ''  

I frowned at that, while Sakura grinned, obviously happy that she wasn't the only one that was considered being incapable of fighting. Then she quickly got serious again and shook her head. '' It's not in me to give up. ''  

I nodded, agreeing. '' Quitting is not an option, '' I said and cracked my knuckles. '' I'm fine. I can still fight. ''  

'' Let's go, '' Sakura seriously murmured and then ran in the direction of the closest puppet.  

I quickly followed, pulling the two fans from my back pocket. I inhaled some air and gathered my chakra. '' Air bullets! '' I yelled and blew out a few blasts of wind that were a lot like bullets and destroyed two puppets with them. I grinned, quickly cought one of my fans that fell of the crushed puppet and then formed some handseals. A few flowers grew out of the ground around me. Their blossoms slowly rose in the air, with edges, as sharp as shuriken and began spinning. '' Dance of a thousand flower shuriken! '' I spun, swung my fans through the air and send the flower shuriken in the direction of a puppet that tried to attack me.  

Suddenly I noticed how one of the puppets managed to hit Chiyo with it's sword. My eyes widened with shock. '' Old lady! Are you okay? '' I yelled.  

She staggered for a few steps and then quickly nodded. '' D-Don't worry about me, dear. Just focus on the puppets... And you, Sakura... ''  

Sakura just punched another puppet and made it crush in to pieces. Then she looked at Chiyo. '' What is it, lady Chiyo? ''  

Chiyo pulled something out of her pocket and threw it at Sakura. I wasn't sure what it was, but I didn't really have time to think about it, because suddenly I got surrounded by six other puppets that all tried to stab me at the same time. I quickly jumped in the air, dodging their swords. Then I landed on the shoulder of one of them, kicked his face and jumped on another one, making it fall on the ground and crush in to pieces. I quickly stood up again and cut through another puppet with my fan and then quickly formed some handseals. 

'' Beast tearing gale palm! '' I yelled and my left arm got surrounded by a monster arm thing with claws, made of Wind chakra. I managed to grab one of the puppets with it and easily crush it in to pieces. Then I already wanted to attack the next one when I noticed that the puppets around me suddenly stopped and fell on the ground.  

My eyes widened with surprise, then I looked in the direction of Sasori. Sakura managed to hit the puppet master with the thing that Chiyo gave her earlier. Now I could see that it was some kind of white tiger head thing, but I still had no idea what was it used for.  

'' What exactly is that thing... '' I whispered, staring at the huge head with wide eyes.  

'' It traps every chakra and makes him unable to move. That's why he can't control his puppets anymore, '' Chiyo seriously said. '' It's over- '' Suddenly her eyes widened, she staggered for a few steps and collapsed on the ground.  

'' Lady Chiyo! '' I yelled with horror and ran to her. I squatted down next to her and my eyes widened with shock at the sight of the huge wound on one side on her body. '' That's a lot of blood... But I'll fix you up, '' I murmured and quickly nodded. I slowly moved my shaky hand and placed it on top of her wound.