Ch. 26 - To defeat a crystal user

Kakashi, Naruto, Sai and I were standing in front of the lake and carefully staring at it. Then Kakashi turned back at us and seriously said: '' All right! Let's go! '' Then he looked in the direction of Shino. My teammate was currently standing between the bushes, forming a handseal and his body was completely surrounded by chakra. If I understood correctly he was preparing his insects or something like that, which was apparently going to help us defeat the creepy crystal lady Guren. '' Shino, how's it going over there? '' 

'' I need a little more time... '' Shino muttered with his usual serious voice. 

Kakashi nodded. '' I understand. '' Then he looked at Sai. '' Basically, we'll keep the same formation... that Yamato used when he was captain. ''  

'' Right... senpai, '' Sai seriously replied.  

'' Huh? '' Kakashi asked with confusion, then he quickly realised and continued: '' Oh right. You also came from there. ''  

I frowned and crossed my arms. '' Can anyone please tell me what are you talking about? ''  

Kakashi looked at me and showed me a closed eyed smile. '' Didn't he already tell you that? The place that you want to reach. The ANBU Black Ops. The way they fight, they have no protocal to protect their comrades. But this time, we're fighting to protect our comrades at all cost. I want you to keep that in mind, Sai... ''  

Sai smiled back at him. '' Don't worry. Having faith in my comrades... I'm here because that's something I believe in now. ''  

'' Hey, you're beginning to understand! '' Naruto happily said.  

I nodded and slapped Sai's shoulder. '' Yeah! '' Sai blinked with surprise and looked at me. My grin even widened and I tossed my head on one side. '' You'll see, you probably didn't have that when you were in Naruto and Sakura, but now that Shino and I are here there's a lot more awesomeness! I can assure you that nothing can beat- ''  

'' They're here! '' Kakashi suddenly yelled.  

I instantly stopped my rant and quickly jumped away, just like the others, when a huge guy suddenly jumped from a tree and punched the ground between us. I landed on water next to Naruto, Sai and Kakashi and pulled out my fan, prepared to fight. At first nothing happened then circles made of blue crystal suddenly started flying from the smoke that rose in the air when Guren's helper punched the ground. I blinked with surprise, then I quickly swung my fan through the air, hitting the first few and after that I quickly began dodging them.  

In moments like that I was glad for all the training that Kurenai gave us to make us more agile and stronger. Usually when I was running laps next to Hinata around the training grounds I was just yelling at her that she wasn't a woman, but a cruel monster with no humanity, but now I saw that her ways of training us weren't even so wrong. They were actually really good.  

Suddenly Guren's helper ran from the smoke and tried to attack us, but Kakashi quickly formed a few handseals, making water rise from the lake we were standing on and hit him. He landed back on the ground and that was when the smoke cleared, revealing Guren. A smirk instantly appeared on her face, then she said: '' You won't get away this time. ''  

I shot a glare in Naruto's direction, wondering if he was alright. From what I heard he didn't like Guren very much, because apparently she was tricking a little boy called Yuukimaru, that he wanted to save.  

Naruto slowly narrowed his eyes with anger. '' Why you... You've tricked Yuukimaru into believing you're a friend! ''  

I looked back at Guren at that and my eyes slightly widened with surprise at her reaction. Maybe I was wrong, but to me it didn't seem like someone that was only tricking someone else would react this way.