epilogue

luke woke up sore, tired and his throat was dry. looking around him he spotted his older brother, holding onto calum, and michael, his fiancé. around him were white walls and between his legs was a numb, and weird presence at the same time.

his surgery must've been a success, he hoped anyway. it didn't take long for michael to notice that he was awake. he moved over to the bedside as fast as possible.

"morning, sunshine." he said with an overwhelming smile. "you did it baby, you finally did it, that was your last surgery."

all luke could do was smile. he was beyond happy, he really did do it. he motioned for water and michael acted on it quick, getting him the glass on his bedside table.

"thanks mikey." he said roughly, he laid back and closed his eyes with a smile.

*two years later*

luke and michael finally married, they were engaged for quite a while, but luke wanted to be done all his surgeries, and healed from them, before their wedding, and michael understood that.

during spring break, michael, luke, ashton, calum and jenna all spent the week at ashton's summer cabin. during that week ashton and calum became infatuated with each other. ashton found himself admitting that his wife that he had adored so much, abused him and belittled him as soon as they had gotten married. calum promised to take care of ashton and sooner than later they fell in love.

three years down the road luke had his top surgery, and michael proposed. luke of course said yes, but he wanted to remain engaged until his next surgery. eventually he did have his bottom surgery and three months before that, calum and ashton had gotten married.

so while luke and michael stood in the orphanage waiting to adopt the adorable one week old named azari, he thought back to his college years and the pain and dysphoria he went through. it was all worth it, to be here with his husband and soon his kid, he has a family and he is happy.

luke wouldn't change a damn thing.

and now it's over, thank you for reading everyone :)