05

*time skip to a month*

{no longer lukes pov}

luke was ecstatic. he has what everyone calls a "squad", and michael on the other hand has still been treating luke like royalty every chance he got. the group of friends consists of a girl named cindy, another girl named jenna and a boy named donny. and obviously luke and michael.

"hey, c" luke said as cindy sat beside him in class.

"hey luke, sorry i'm late, jen was having... girl issues that needed tending to." she apologized but didn't really sound apologetic. luke smiled before turning back to the professors lecture.

--

when class ended luke and cindy walked out together, it was the last class of the day so cindy followed luke to the dorm to pick up michael, donny and jenna because they were all going out for drinks tonight, to celebrate the weekend.

luke shouldn't exactly be drinking and he knows that but he just wants to have fun with his friends without having to worry about this or that, so he ignores it. his favourite part about being with his friends is that he hasn't known them for that long but yet he feels so safe and accepted with all of them, especially michael. speaking of,

"michael! and the rest of you, let's go bitches, we got places to be." donny and jenna laugh before they all grab their phones and whatever they need and follow c and luke out the door. in the car, donny, cindy and jenna are all squished in the back seat, luke sat in the passenger and michael drove.

"where are we even going again? it's a little early for the bar, c." michael asked.

"well, duh, were going to laser tag." cindy replied. you'd think that college kids would be a little more mature and less excited but no, they were just excited as if they were all still twelve years old. luke started smiling like a fool, the smile that michael had grown to love and jenna, who was squished in the middle, grabbed her best friend's hands while trying to hold in a squeal and cindy was just simply acting like an over excited small child and then donny was immediately trying to figure out teams.

"alright! i think it should be you two love birds against us three." he said pointing to michael and luke, then to himself and the other two. michael looked over to luke with a slight smirk on his face.

"that sounds pretty fair, yeah?" luke just nodded and michael grabbed the other boy's hand and intertwined their fingers before looking back to the road. once again, jenna had to hold in a squeal because she was the only one who could see their hands, and she shipped michael and luke together. hard.

for michael, it was hard to drive with luke beside him because that blonde boy was just so damn distracting. luke always thought that when mikey kept turning his head all the time that it was to check his mirrors or something and half the time that was true but the other half was just to get a glimpse at luke.

michael knows he feels something for luke, now he does believe in love at first sight but he doesn't know if he should really call it that yet. deep down he knows it is. deep down he knows that the feeling he gets in his chest when he simply just sees luke, let alone when he smiles, means something much greater than what he expected. and deep down michael knows that he's falling for luke and as each day passes he wants to tell him, but he wants to wait as well, he doesn't know how long but soon he will tell luke. what michael doesn't know is that luke has already completely fallen for him. it's only been a month and then some but if you think about it, love is weird and unpredictable and if you have an open mind anything can happen. and what neither of them know is that there are things way beyond them, things that you and i can't really explain, this story isn't about that, but i'll tell you something, luke and michael were destined to meet each other, soulmates, if you will. but keep in mind nothing in this story happens by chance.