Chapter 3: Signing the Paperwork

Joey

"Hello gentlemen. What can I do for you?" Said the front desk lady.
"We need to speak to Mrs. Marie about a possible double adoption?" I responded back to her. "Ah, yes. The Graceffa-Preda's, she is in the 3 room to the right down the hall. Good luck!" She returned with a smile.

Daniel and I walked down the hall and into the room we were told, and sure enough Mrs. Marie was sitting at her desk sorting out paper work. Daniel knocked a little bit on the door and her head snapped up.

"Have you made your decision?" Marie asked. Daniel and I replied with a simple "yes." "Who will it be Cassibell or Harvey?" Marie asked again. Daniel gave me a little nod, telling me to talk. "Well..." I began, but started stuttering. "We were wondering if it's possible to adopt both of the kids now?" Daniel finished for me. I smiled at him, and he gladly returned one.

"Well, you could, but it's going to be twice the amount of paper work, twice the amount of time you will have to wait to take them home and we will have to have someone come to your home to inspect it. Just to make sure it's safe for two young kids." Marie answers for us with a little bit of doubt in her voice.

"Of course. You can come look whenever." I told her. "The amount of paperwork doesn't matter to us. We get to take those two little angels home. They've been through hell and back again. Anything." Daniel added in.

"Well then, I suggest we get started with this paper work then. The faster the better." Marie told us.

Cassibell

Once we got back to our room we started doing whatever. Our room was pretty big so we had a lot of room to do different things. Harvey was messing around with a soccer ball, while I was singing and dancing around the room.

"Hey wanna practice our cover dance thing?" Harvey asked? "Oh my gosh yes." I replied while nodding my head too fast for my brains safety.

We got in our positions and Harvey started. "Ready. From the top five, six, five, six, seven, eight, go!" With that we started doing our routine we made up. It started with me doing spins and Harvey doing a backhand spring. We used to take gymnastics at our old daycare. This was the part where I started singing.

"Little do you know how I'm breaking when you fall asleep.
Little do you know I'm still haunted by the memories."
While I sing this, I tune everything out and focus only on my words and the dance.
"Little do you know I'm trying to pick myself up peace by peace.
Little do you know I, need a little more time"
Nothing matters in this moment. I'm so focused I don't even realize Joey and Daniel are in the doorway. Harvey is doing the same thing as me at this point.
"Underneath it all in held captive by the hole inside.
I've been holding back for the fear that you might change your mind.
I'm ready to forgive you, but forgetting no is a harder fight.
Little do you know I, need a little more time."
This is where I stop singing and Harvey starts. We continue keeping our focus on our actions and words instead of Joey and Daniel.
"Away, away, I love you like you've never felt the pain. Away, I promise you don't have to be afraid. Away, my love is here and here to stay, so lay your head on me.
Little do you know I know your hurting while I'm sound asleep."
I got brave enough to close my eyes while doing this. I've done it enough that I don't even have to think about it. Harvey's almost done with his solo part.
"Little do you know all my mistakes are slowly drowning me.
Little do you know I'm trying to make it better peace by peace..
Little do you know I, I love you till the sun dies."
Before I started our duet part I notice Joey and Daniel and immediately stop singing and dancing.

Daniel

Joey and I just finished paper work for the twins, and I wanted to go check up on them, so I said, "Hey Joey lets go check up on the twins before we start the rest of the paperwork." "Ok."

On our way there we could hear faint singing coming from their room. When we reached their door they had a full on routine going on. Cassibell was doing a solo singing part when we got there.

I motioned for Joey to watch. Cass had such a beautiful voice for only being eight. Harvey started singing. It's was so soothing, he had a really mature voice.

Harvey stopped singing but before Cass started again she stopped singing and dancing all together, causing Harvey to stop, too.

"Uh..um. Hey?" Cass stuttered. "You guys have really beautiful voices, you know?" Joey said. "Thanks just Joey." Harvey said giggling. "Yeah thank you just Joey, you're very nice." Cassibell joined in. "Hey, what about me?" I said faking hurt. "You're very nice too Danny." Cass giggled.

"So how would you like it if we adopted both of you?" Joey asked.
"We would love you forever!!" Harvey answered. "Ok we have to fill out some more papers and then you will be our legal kids!" I said. "We'll be right back!" Joey said jumping up and running out of the room, leaving the kids giggling like crazy.

•••••
Word count: 941