Chapter Five: Welcome Back Party

"That's what Jack said when he first came here." A deep Russian voice said. I spun around to see THE Santa! He looked like I thought he would except for the accent.

"Um... Hi." I said. Jamie and Sophie smiled and hugged the big guy and went running off. "Wait!"

They were already gone and I sighed. Santa laughed.

"It's okay. The yetis will keep them from any trouble." He said. I rose an eyebrow.

"Yetis?"

"Of course! Who do you think makes all the toys?" He said. He beckoned me forward and we started walking around the massive an large place.

"I thought the elves made the toys...?" I said looking at the small creatures who were too busy running around to even notice us.

"We just let them believe that." He said smiling down at me. "Now let me take you to my office and I can get everything settled out."

I followed the big guy to his office where beautifully sculpted ice figures of trains, tracks, dolls, and many other toys. I sat down in a seat and he took on behind his desk. He pushed a plate of cookies near me.

"Cookies?" I shook my head. "Alright down to business. You know about our recent events with the boogeyman yes?"

"Yeah Jack told me everything." He pauses for a moment but then slightly shook his head.

"I believe that Pitch has come back for the anniversary of his defeat to try and get revenge on the guardians. He probably saw you and Jack talk and think that you're close and is now targeting you." I bit my lip. "With you being Jamie and Sophie's relative, it's jut an added bonus."

"Oh great so I have a target painted on my back." I rolled my eyes. "I feel like I'm being hunted by Ezio..."

"Who?"

"Video game reference." I said. "So what are we going to do if he attacks?"

"We were strong enough to take him out before... I know we can do it again." He said confidently.

"What about the guy in my dream?" I asked. "The one who saved me."

"What did he look like?" He asked taking a cookie and munching on it.

"Um.. Do you have paper and a pen?" He nodded and gave me some. I concentrated on the dream and the numbing came back. My head pounded and my hands seemed to move on my own. Next thing I know I'm look up at the lights. I looked back down and the drawing was there again. The pain and numbness was gone and I furrowed my eyebrows. How did I do this?

"Um... That's him." I said sliding the paper over to him. He looked at it and nodded. "Who is he."

"That... Is Drake Blaze. The fire spirt who does summer." He said. I rose an eyebrow.

"I'm guessing that's why Jack doesn't like him?" Santa nodded and laughed.

"Yes it's a mutual dislike." He got up. "I'm guessing you are exhausted and-"

Suddenly a crash was heard. We both looked at each other and the Russian man grabbed two swords and ran out at the room. I, stupidly, ran after him with no weapon.

Great job Mercedes!

I got out there as black balls that had a trail behind them that looked like fire flew everywhere. I dodged one and it ran into the wall. I found a toy bat that a three year old would play with and grabbed it.

Yes because a plastic bat will do so much damage.

I looked around and saw Sophie and Jamie backed into a corner on the level below me. I ran to the edge and leaned over the railing.

"JAMIE! SOPHIE!" I yelled. They looked up at me and yelled something I couldn't hear. I looked for a way down but I couldn't see anything. I turned around with yetis and elves running past me while the black fire ball things flew past me almost hitting me multiple times. I saw one coming towards me head on and I swung my bat and covered my face. It bounces off and went a different direction. I looked up, shocked, and saw that the top half of the plastic bat was burnt off and the plastic was melting. My eyes widened and I tossed it to the side. I ran around when I was suddenly swept off my feet by Jack.

"Hey snowflake. Having fun?" He greeting. I looked down and a horrible feeling went into my stomach.

"We're so... High...." I said clutching onto him.

"Oh right I forgot." We flew down to the ground floor where Jamie, Sophie, Santa, Bo, the little gold guy (Sandman?), and a fairy-bird like thing were fighting. A deep familiar voice laughed and Jamie, Sophie, and I stood together as the guardians circled around us in a defensive stance. I held the two kid's hand tight and bit my lip.

"I figured I needed a welcome back party. What better place than to do it here, am I right North?" He laughed and the black fire balls surrounded us. "It's nice to see you in person Mercedes. I'm honoured really."

"What do you want from me?" As asked looking around trying to pinpoint his location.

"Who wouldn't want anything from you? I mean you have all this power and-" he gasped. "I think I said too much."

I scoffed. "Power? You're funny. I'm a normal human." I rolled my eyes.

"Far from it sweetheart. North can explain. Or maybe Jack can. They all know anyways."

"Know what?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Now is not the time to talk." Pitch said. "It-"

He was cut off by a bright flash and the black fire balls all started to melt.

"NO!" Pitch yelled. They all disappeared and we were left with a guy leaning on the wall smirking.

"He talked to much." He said. The guardians, par Jack and Bo, smiled and went up to the guy. He was around Jack's height, he had black windswept hair, tanned complexion, red eyes, dressed in black with a leather jacket, and had a warming sensation coming off of him. It was the guy from my dream.

"Ah! Drake Blaze! Welcome!" North said giving him a hug. "You know Sandy, Tooth, Bunnymund, and Jack yes?"

"How can I not." He tucked his hands in his pocket and his eyes landed on me.

Not gonna lie.. He was very hot. No pun intended.

"And who might this beautiful girl be?" He said with a grin on his face.

"Mercedes." I introduced. I shook his hand but pulled away quickly as his hand was hot and mine were cold from the temperature of the workshop. It felt like touching a hot curling iron.

"Sorry. I'm kinda hot.." He said with an twinkle in his eye. "Drake Blaze, fire spirit."

------

Birthday Update!

Happy Halloween everyone (even though is was yesterday and you may not be reading this when I update it)

I was writing while waiting for my friend to call at 12 since she said she was and I was going to update after but I was tired so...

Hope you like it!

Bye zombie army!

- Maddie (: