Chapter 5: I'm Torn

Camila's P.O.V.

I never said this to Lauren or Paige or Dinah or whoever but I'm still shaken up from the things that's happened in the past weeks. I'm trying my best not to show any weakness when I'm with them. That was the first time a gun was pointed at me. I thought I was gonna die. The whole thing exploded in the media. Everyone was asking about what happened. I got a lot of phone calls and tweets from people who barely knew me sending their love for me. I thanked them but it just feels empty. People only care when there's so much going on with your life but if there's not much, they don't give a damn about you. I knew that and I get it all. I always do my best to cope with the things that's happening and I just can't help but to cry sometimes. It gets hard, not having a shoulder to cry on. I don't know who it should be. It's hard to trust people nowadays. If you just open yourself to them, you'll never know if they will use it against you.

I was resting on my van when I heard someone knock. "Karla. You there?"

"One sec." I said and opened the door.

"Are you okay?" Austin asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine. You need something else?" I asked.

"No. Are you really fine? I know something's happened to you." He said.

"Yeah, I'm sure. And they took him away anyway. So I'm resting easy." I smiled.

"Alright good to know. I just want you to know that I'm here for you. We're still friends aren't we?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"I'll get going now. I'll leave you to rest." He smiled and walked towards his van.

It's actually good to know that Austin is not doing any crazy things right now. I'm glad we're friends but just that. I don't want to get in any business with him but I can't avoid any rumors now especially we are working together. Some people won't just mind their business and leave me alone. I like acting but I never asked for this kind of life. It's just a really terrible experience. But I have to bear with this to do what I love. I wish people would just understand.

It's been weeks since we resumed the shoot so we got a 3 day break. I haven't planned anything for my break. I guess I'll just spend it sleeping all day and not doing anything.

"Yo." Lauren knocked on my bedroom door.

"Come in." I said.

She opened the door with a big smile on her face.

"What's with that look?" I asked.

"I just got tickets for the 1975 concert." She said raising the tickets. "Change your clothes. I'll wait for you outside. Oh and wear something that won't stand out. We don't want you to get trampled by hundreds of people don't we?" She smiled.

"Are you sure I like to hang out with you?" I asked mischievously.

"When did you never?" She smirked and walked towards the door.

"Are you asking me on a date?" I smirked.

"Maybe. Maybe not." She smirked as she looked at me while closing the door.

I smiled like an idiot looking at the door and changed my clothes. I tried on a dress but I don't think this'll be suitable for concerts. I tried another outfit but shit, I can't find anything to wear. Even if I own hundreds of clothes, I still can't find anything to wear. I laid on my bed on my underwear thinking of what outfit I will wear. Clothes are piling up on the floor. Paige will kill me for sure but I can't thing about that now.