Jess POV.

"Mum, I'm home" I called out as I entered the house.

It was a sunny Friday evening and I had just returned home from school. I couldn't have been more relieved that the weekend had come. I was exhausted, and ready for a break.

"In the kitchen love" was the response.

I set my schoolbag  down and walked into the kitchen, where my mum was serving a large bowl of pasta on the table.

I greeted my dad and brother, and sat down.

"Jess love, your mother and I will be out of town for the next two weeks, the court case is taking a lot longer than expected, and they need us both there constantly, instead of one commuting everyday" my dad spoke.

"Oh, that's a shame, will I be looking after Matt?" I asked.

"No, your aunt said she will take your brother while we are away, but Jess honey, you're 17, I'm sure you'll be okay here yeah?" My mum answered.

I nodded and smiled, shoving a spoon full of pasta into my mouth. I wasn't a rebellious teenager or anything, but the thought of the house to myself for the next two weeks seemed very appealing.

"When do you leave" I asked.

"Tonight, we have packed everything we need, and left you some spare money in a jar for food and anything you may need. Plus, we are only a phonecall away in case of emergency. We trust you will be fine sweetheart
You still have to go to school next week, bit then you are off for midterm, so you will have a week to relax here, and we should be back for your second week of mid term" my mum said taking a sip of wine with her dinner.

For the remaining time of dinner, they asked how school went, and moved onto Matt's school. Matt was only 9, so he was in a different school than me.

After dinner, I helped my mum clear up the dishes and headed upstairs to change out of my uniform. I decided not to do homework, seeing as I have all weekend. Midterm began next Friday, and that meant two glorious weeks away from school!

I threw my uniform into the wash basket, and put on some leggings and a creme sweater.

It may be sunny, but it's still October, and cold.

After changing, I checked my phone to see if I had any missed texts. Going onto twitter, the first thing I saw was a Shawn Mendes update account.

I smiled to myself, I had been a fan of Shawn's since the start of his career. Unfortunately, the London shows sold out faster than I thought, so I didn't get any tickets. Safe to say I was pissed.

"Shawn Mendes landed in London this morning for his shows here" I read.

A part of me started to feel giddy, I mean come on, Shawn Mendes is in London! And the arena is about a 15 minute drive away from my house.

I could always stand outside and listen in I joked to myself. I'd probably hear the girls screaming from here I laughed.

I scrolled through twitter, liking some tweets about Shawn, some of Shawn's tweets, and anything I found funny.

"Jess" my mum called from downstairs.

I put down my phone and went down to her.

"Sweetheart we are leaving now, we have to go early to drop Matt off to your aunt's, and miss the traffic" my mum said pulling on her coat.

I looked at the clock in the hallway, it was already half past 7.

"Okay mum, have fun, I'll call you if I need anything" I said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Cya Matty, be good" I said ruffling his hair.

"Where's dad"

"He's in the car" mum said, grabbing all her last minute gear.

I went out the front door to the car, where my dad was in the front seat.

He rolled down the window, and I have him a kiss on the cheek aswell.

"Be good Jess, and no boys" he joked, but I know he meant it.

I chuckled and shook my head. "I'll see you when you get back, I love you" I said.

Mum came rushing out the door with Matt. "I love you Jess, I'll call you when we get there" she said, getting into the car.

"Love you mum, have a good trip" I smiled, waving.

Dad pulled out of the driveway, and I stood there until he was out of sight. Turning back towards the house, I let myself in, and locked the door.

Two weeks alone.

What could possibly go wrong.