"Another house has reportedly been robbed last night, following a long list of robberies that have occurred in many different cities throughout Europe. Authorities believe that each robbery is connected. Jewellery and other valuable items were taken. The search continues ".

I flicked off the news channel. It was the same story every night, another house robbed. Now the robberies began in London.

I went around the house and closed all the curtains as it was dark outside. I double checked that the front door was locked, and went into the kitchen to boil the kettle.

I made myself a cup of tea and brought it up to my room. Flipping off my socks, I leaped onto my bed and started texting my best friend Sophie.

To Soph: Hey babes, you rushed off after school, didn't get the chance to tell you Shawn landed in London this morn! X

Soph: Sorry Jess hun, Mum needed me home to help with the new baby, you know how she gets! And... SHAWN IS IN LONDON, OMFG! X

Yes, me and Sophie (clearly) are both huge Shawn fans, but Sophie's family had to move into a bigger house as her mum had a baby, so she has no wifi at the moment!

Jess: Yep! In other news, I've got the house to myself for the next two weeks which is sweet! X

Soph: Well I know where I'm going for the mid term break, party at Jess's house!! X

Jess: Yeah, that's not happening. Listen, I gotta go, I'll see you on Monday x

Soph: See you babe, talk later x

I checked the time on my phone, and locked it.

Jesus, 9:00 and I'm already exhausted.

I took off my sweater and leggings, and flopped into bed in just my underwear, as I couldn't be arsed to change into some pyjamas.

Getting under the covers, I let out a sigh if relief, as I could finally relax.

Fuck school.

I turned off my bedside lamp and shut my eyes, letting the blissful feeling of sleep wash over me. Soon enough, I was fully unconscious .

--------

A loud nose from downstairs caused me to jerk awake.

Sitting up in my bed, I looked around the dark room.

The house stayed silent so I lay back down, closing my eyes again.

But I was soon interrupted by another loud thud. My heart started pounding, and I got out of bed. I turned on the flashlight on my phone, as switching on my light would draw to much attention if there was someone downstairs.

I threw on an oversized shirt and crept to my door , opening it slightly.

I shone my phone out onto the landing, and once I saw the coast was clear, I crept out of my room.

I walked quietly to the banister and looked downstairs to see if anyone was there.

Somewhere in my body, I managed to pluck up the courage to start walking down the stairs, despite the fact that my legs were shaking , and my heart was beating out of my chest.

I was about halfway down the stairs, just enough to see through the glass doors leading into my kitchen, when I saw a figure move.

I felt utterly sick. The first day I have the house to myself, I get a fucking intruder. At one in the fucking morning.

Seriously.

But then to my horror, I see another figure cross the room. It was safe to say at this point I was legitimately shitting myself.

I was scrolling through my contacts quickly looking for my Mums number, when I heard a voice that made my heart drop out of my ass.

"Ian, I thought you said there was no one home"

"There isn't" a guy who I'm assuming was Ian answered.

"Oh, yes there is"

-----------------
This chapter was a bit scary, especially when you're writing it at two in the morning.!!

Hope you likey! -B x