Prologue

The coven had been assembled. In the forest meadow from the Call held every group going castor in the near proximity. Only, there was no chatter this time around. No, all was silent, feeling the tension in the air. No one knew what the meeting was about, all they knew was the urgency of it. Everyone were grouped with their families, their familiar resting beside them. Up above, almost hidden in the mist of the clouds, hovered Eira in her draconic form, keeping watch for any suspicious activity.

"What is this about," questioned Evelynn, our coven leader.

Tamira, my mentor and Eira's witch, turned to address the crowd. "Thank you for coming everyone. Somethings have come into light that you all need to be informed about," she paused," the truth is, hunters were never gone. Just biding their time to strike. That time is now. The hunters are coming, even more dangerous than before. No one is safe."

A mummer went through the throng of people. After a moment, Evelynn raised a hand for silence and asked a question that I know had been on many minds here. "What do you mean they are more dangerous? In this time it is not like the trials, there are laws now, that the humans follow. The police could aid us, they have before with little disputes."

"That might be true, but humans do not lock up random wild animals." 

"This has nothing to do with animals, what do you-," the coven leaders face changed in confusion tinged understanding,"They have familiars on their side?"

"Worse, " Tamira responded," they have hybrids."

"B-but hybrids are a myth," said a castor from my age group, Cindy. I heard Rossa growl beside me in remembrance of her I'm-better-than-you attitude to us. 

They are not, said Rossa stepping forwards, hybrids are most defiantly not myth.    

Cindy sent Rossa a glare and snapped out ,"who are you and how do you know?"

I am Sabella's familiar, I'm sure you remember me for the Call, Rossa said ending with a toothy smile that I'm sure was meant more of a threat than of to add ease to the little witch.  

She paled slightly and responded," you've grown. That still doesn't answer the question of how you know."

We were attacked by a group of hunters and hybrids Cindy, Rossa said in condescending manner, but I knew before that, the feline moved her new winged limbs upwards and caused a gasp from the crowd, I am a hybrid. 

Wide eyed Cindy sputtered, "T-then your working with the h-hunter-s! This is all an albert trap isn't it! S-she-."

"Rossa is not working with the hunters and neither are we. This is not some trap! What is wrong with you," I said, preventing Cindy from spouting any more non-sense. 'This is ridiculous! '

"Sabella speaks the truth. ((Comment you most liked name. (1-Cinderetta,2-Cinderly,3-Cinder, 4-Cindella or 5-Cindersey * - ( Pronunciations (at bottom))))  {INSERT NAME HERE} is spouting falsehood because she does not understand what is going on and harbors dislike for my pupil. Please take no mind to the youngsters misguided words," my mentor explained calmly.

Whispers once again went through the assembled witches. Suddenly Rossa flicked her ears to her skull with a soft growl. A jolt of unease swept down my spine as my familiar spoke. They believe we are lying about the run in with the hunters, even with Tamira's credentials a well know and honest part of the community.  

"Why were we not informed by the counsel and if they do not know for some reason, why did you not go to them," questioned a coven mate.

Tamira answered, " I do not know why you were not notified and we didn't speak with the counsel as you all are in imminent danger as the hunters that attacked us are still on the prowl."

"No witches from our or any of the neighboring covens have been attacked, I'm still not convinced you are telling the truth," accused an young adult ," how do we know your 'attackers' weren't just some pranking children from town or that you all are not working with them? You have been mighty secretive lately and there is not a single mark on any of you." 

Everyone paused, processing the new information, though false, that came into light. I glanced at Tamira, not liking where this was heading, her expression as worried as I felt. A minute passed and I could feel the tension rising, this was not going to end well at this rate.

"You're wrong," a familiar, soft spoken voice floated form the gathered castors," Your wrong about Tamira and Sabella."

Melody, the one witch I would never expect to help me, even less so then Cindy, slowly pattered through the crowd. To say I was shocked by her appearance would be an understatement. Her dress, a pale blue, was torn, smeared with dirt and flecked what I hope wasn't blood. Her dark hair was disheveled, eyes misty with unshed tears arms littered with inflamed scratches. Her large tuxedo cat familiar limped at her side.

When Melody spoke again, her voice shook. "I was attacked, my family was attacked last night. A group of three hunters took my parents and almost me. I ," she hiccupped," only escaped because my mother and father distracted them enough for us to get away. The fox bird thing nearly killed my familiar when he clawed the grey eyed hunter. He said, the hunter said before we got away, that Tamira and her peace keepers couldn't protect us now."

Well that was an interesting chapter. Not my favorite chapter from the books though. Who saw the end coming? Any suggestions? Below is the name pronunciations.

1- (Cinder-Etta (S-in-d-er-E-tt-a))  2- (Cinder-lee ( S-in-d-er-l-ee))  3- (Cinder (S-in-d-er)  4-(Cin-dell-a ( S-in-d-ell-a))  5- (C-in-d-er-say or C-in-d-er-see ( S-in-d-er-say or S-in-d-er-see))