2. Side Effects

STILES POV

I hold on to Lydia, trying to stay upright. We stand off to the side as Scott and Kira fight the Oni. Scott is fully transformed, and Kira is slashing at the dark warriors with her katana.

"What do we do?" Lydia asks me quietly.

I shake my head. "I don't know."

Kira gains the upper hand for a moment, before one of the Oni shoves the katana out of her hand. Kira gapes, and backs away.

I eye the sword laying in the snow, and look back at Scott, then to the Nogitsune standing on the steps. I pull away from Lydia and grab the sword, angling it toward my stomach.

"Stiles! No!" Scott yells, the Nogitsune growling.

"What if it saves you?" I ask, looking Scott in the eyes.

"What if it's another trick?" Lydia exclaims.

"No more tricks," The Nogitsune says, hauntingly. "Now, Scott. Let your own friend fall on his own sword. Do for him what he cannot do for himself. Do it Scott."

I look down at the blade, then back to Scott. I grunt and am about to stab the katana through my middle when I see something. Something reflected in the blade. A textbook.

I look over at the history book, and also see a desk off to the side.

It's an illusion.

"You have no moves left," the dark Kitsune says.

I look back at the sword before throwing it back to Kira.

"Yes, I do." I face the Nogitsune. "A divine move."

I grab Lydia once again. "Stop fighting them!" I yell. "It's all an illusion. I know it looks and feels real, but Scott, you gotta trust me. It's not real."

Scott looks to the doors behind the Nogitsune, and starts toward them. The Oni line up, and immediately start slashing at him. Kira goes behind him, Lydia and I behind her.

We all make our way to the doors, and Scott charges the Nogitsune, bursting through the doors and into the ordinary school hallway.

Scott turns to us, no longer transformed. He lets out a breath. "We're okay. We're actually o-"

His sentence is interrupted by my own self throwing him against the lockers knocking him out. The Nogitsune. He turns to Kira and knocks her out as well.

The dark Kitsune turns to Lydia and I. "This was my game," he says, his voice scratchy. "Think you can beat me at my game?"

He starts walking toward us, causing Lydia and I to retreat down the hall.

"Divine move? Divine move? You think you have any moves at all? You can kill the Oni but me? Me? I'm a thousand years old! You can't kill me!"

"But we can change you!" Lydia yells.

"What?"

"You forgot about the scroll," I say.

The Nogitsune's face drops. "Change the host."

All of a sudden, Scott comes up behind him and bites into his arm, his eyes glowing red. The Nogitsune lets out a scream. A sword blade slices through his chest, right through his heart.

Kira pulls out the sword, gawking at what happens next.

Thunder rumbles, lightning lighting up the hallway. The Nogitsune falls to his knees, and opens his mouth. A firefly flies out, and makes its way down the hall. We all turn to watch it go, and before it can flee, a box closes it inside.

Allison turns the top, sealing it shut. She looks at all of us, and lets out a small smile. We all turn back to the Nogitsune once we hear a gurgling sound.

I watch as his face cracks like concrete, before he falls and disappears into a cloud of dust. It's like he was never there.

"We did it," Allison breathes, coming to stand beside us.

"Yeah," I say. "We di-"

I'm cut off by a pain in my chest. I wince, putting my hand to it. I pull my arm away to reveal blood.

"Stiles?" Lydia questions, and looks to my chest. "Oh my god, Stiles!"

I fall to my knees, my chest now bleeding heavily. "What is-" I let out a pained yelp.

Scott rushes to my side, catching me before I fall to the ground. He eyes the wound, and looks to Kira. "It's right where you stabbed the Nogitsune."

Kira's face pales.

My hand, holding the wound, now feels heavy. I let my arm fall to my side, and my limbs start to feel like cement. My eyelids droop, and it's hard to keep them open.

"Stiles! Keep your eyes open!" Allison yells, but it sounds muffled. Everything is muffled. All I can hear is my slowing heartbeat, and the roaring of my blood in my ears coming to a stop.

"I-" I try to get out a sentence, but nothing comes out. I close my eyes, ignoring the shouts of everyone around me. The white behind my eyelids is so peaceful; I want to go to it.

I feel everything in my body come to a stop, and I walk into the beautiful white light. Just before I finally leave, I see the silhouette of a woman; one I definitely recognize.

"Mom," I breathe, and she smiles.

"Hello, son." She reaches for me. "Let's go."

I gladly take her hand, and we walk into the light together.

***

SCOTT POV

"Stiles! Keep your eyes open!" Allison yells, but Stiles doesn't listen. His hand falls to his side, and his eyelids slowly close. I clutch his body in my arms, and start to shake him.

"Stiles! Don't you dare! Wake up!"

His body goes limp, and he quietly whispers, "Mom..."

Not a second after, I hear his heart stop.

"NO!" I yell, feeling the tears fall down my cheeks.

Lydia lets out a sob from beside me, falling into Allison's arms. Kira sniffles, but doesn't cry.

I pull Stiles' body closer, my body racking with silent cries. He's dead. Stiles is dead. But no. He can't be.

Lydia suddenly looks up, and her gaze moves to the doors leading outside.

"Someone's-" she stands. Looking back to Stiles, she sits back down, grief overcoming her movements.

Allison holds her, tears streaming down her face as well. We all cry, me mostly. The tears fall on Stiles's face. I wipe them away, feeling the cold emanating from his face. It makes me cry harder.

Stiles is gone. My best friend is gone.

*****************************************************

Thanks for reading!

So, once again, Stiles Stilinski has died. But don't worry! I don't plan on him staying that way!

Stay tuned to see what I mean *evil laugh*

Xoxo