Epilogue

STILES POV

Beautiful sunlight finds cracks through the trees, illuminating the forest with a gold glow. The birds sing their sweet tune, the animals making small sounds filled with happiness.

The sun shines on my golden-brown pelt, casting me in a soft glow as I prowl through the trees. There's no specific reason for my being in here; I just wanted to spend some time alone.

After everything that's happened, I think I deserve a break. My life has been so crazy lately, and I need some time to myself.

I walk silently, listening to the sounds of the undergrowth. The forest is alive with different smells, different sights, different sounds. Being a werefox, I feel tethered to the trees somehow, like I belong here. I guess I do, in a sense.

A soft howl breaks me out of my thoughts. I turn my muzzle toward the sound, which happens to be the lookout point of Beacon Hills. And I know exactly what--who--it's coming from.

Scott.

If I could smile as a fox, I would.

I turn toward the lookout point and start running. I speed past branches and bushes, my newfound speed working in my advantage. When I'm about to break the tree line, I quickly shift back to my human form, my golden pelt traded for a green flannel and black jeans. I step out of the trees to find Scott standing there, already looking at me like he was waiting for my arrival.

I offer a goofy grin, and walk toward him. He claps me on the shoulder, smiling as well.

"Hey, man," Scott says.

I raise a brow at the greeting, but laugh anyways. "Hey bud."

We walk over to the huge rock, taking a seat beside each other. I brace my hands behind my back, leaning into them. Scott sits with one leg out, the other up by his chest, his hands resting on his knee. I've never seen him this relaxed in a long time. It's...comforting, almost. It's a nice thought to think the one person who is always saving everyone--and everything--is finally taking a break.

We don't speak for a while, instead enjoying the view of our little town. I almost forget about all the supernatural crap that goes on. It's times like these that I would have embraced being human. I guess I can't do that anymore, but it's all the same.

I break the silence. "Thank you," I say. Scott looks over at me, puzzled. "Really. You've done so much for me over the past month or so, and I've never thanked you."

A smile curls onto his face. "You don't need to thank me. It's my job to protect you guys. You're my Pack--my family."

I let the tears form in my eyes. "I'm glad I'm a part of your pack, Scott. You a W no idea what it means to me."

We smile at each other, and I'm thrown back to when Scott and I were still human. When our only worry was to make it on the lacrosse team, Scott working up the nerve to ask Allison out, me working up the nerve to even look in Lydia's direction. I can't believe how different it is now.

A loud crack sounds from deep in the forest. I whip around before Scott does, immediately getting to my feet. The Alpha slowly gets up beside me, a look of confusion and hardened confidence crossing his face.

"What was that?" I say quietly.

"I don't know."

I glance at him and meet his eyes. I give him a look saying 'stay here' and shift into my fox form. I quickly pad into the trees, careful not to step on anything. I tiptoe toward the source of the sound, and stop a couple meters off when I see it.

Some sort of creature--no, animal--with vibrant orange eyes and sharp claws. It's on all fours, with completely black fur and deranged scratches along its back. But there's no mistaking it; this is a fox.

It's busy eating something I can't see, but it whips around once I stop walking. A low growl escapes it's mouth, the orange eyes glowing even brighter.

I let out a different-sounding growl, one that I use to signal to Scott. Immediately, the True Alpha comes racing out of the bushes, stopping at my side. I shift back into my human form.

The black fox hisses, taking a step forward. Then, it lets out a signalling growl, eerily similar to mine. Almost a second later, five more foxes--all pitch black in colour--stalk out of the trees.

"What are they?" Scott whispers.

My eyes focus on a particular fox, one that looks closer to blood red in colour. Its eyes are dark purple, its claws sharper than mine. The fox immediately looks to me, and I'm pinned by its stare. I hear its name before I can tell Scott.

"She's the Alpha," I say.

Oh no.

****************************************************

So, that's it for One Less Stilinski! I hope you enjoyed it!

Soooo, as you can hopefully tell by the cliffhanger, I will be writing a sequel to this story! I thought about it a lot, and I just LOVE Fox-Stiles, so why not write another book?

The new story should be up soon-ish (maybe this week?) so stay tuned!

And, thank you so much for going on this journey with me. I hope you loved reading as much as I loved writing!

Xoxo,

TessNoelle