Chapter 9

I wake up to the sun shining through the circle window in our TH. I sit up and stretch. I look over and see eL sound asleep. I climb down and look through my bag. Damn, my phone's not here. It must be in my school bag. I go look around the beds and find Lily's phone. I look and see the time is around 9. I look around to find some food and find a granola bar. I find another one for Lily. I go out on the deck and eat while looking out at the park. I hear the birds in the morning and I see some people playing at the park. I hear the door close behind and Lily comes next to me, yawning and stretching.
"Hey. Good morning, had a good sleep?"
"Yeah, no nightmares," I smile.
Lily smiles back and we watch the birds fly around outside. I decide to head inside and change. I change into a pair of capries, an ocean blue polo shirt, and put on my pine green waist apron. I grab my black Vans and roller blades. I toss my duffel bag over my shoulder and call Lily in. She sees me in my uniform and she smiles.
"Going to work today?"
"Yeah, figured that I can work some hours today then work all day tomorrow from twelve to eight. Same as I don't usually work on school days."
She nods then changes into her uniform. She wears a lime green polo shirt with black basketball shorts. She also has a pine green waist apron. She wears blue tennis shoes.
When she found out about my depression, she would wear something blue everyday. From a shirt, to a cap, or even a blue bracelet. It was a way for her to tell me she cared without having to repeat it every time I asked. I no longer have depression, but it's now a small habit of hers. I'm glad that it's still something she does cause it now adds a little to herself on who she is, and it makes me smile.
We climb down and close up. I hide the string and we walk to the Tahoe. We toss our bags in the back and Lily automatically drives. I don't mind cause I've been driving her on school days, so it's fair. When we get to her house. We run inside and happen to see her family up. We say a quick hello and run her bag upstairs. I grab my backpack and put my phone in my pocket. We skip steps and grab something quick for breakfast. We say our goodbyes and jump into the vehicle.
She drives us towards the school then takes a left. We get to the bakery/cafe we work at. I grab my notepad from the glovebox and my nametag. I clip my nametag and put my pencil behind my ear. I put my notepad in my apron and my phone in my pocket. Lily and I hop out and head inside. We go check ourselves in with the clock cards and go help in the balery for a few minutes. We help restock and move stuff around in the back. Lily stays back for another few minutes and I go put on my roller blades.
This is a one floor shop. But there's a lot of walk space and a lot of tables. I asked about rollerblades and they asked how long I've been doing it. I told them I've been doing it since 8th grade and they agreed to let me waitress with rollerblades. It surprisingly brought more customers in. There isn't many places where there's great food and a waitress in rollerblades. I love serving just to see the younger kids faces when they see me on rollerblades skating around the shop. It's nice to see the appreciation from older folks when they see me on them and they get their drinks and food without any spillage. I help out around the whole business and luckily the different jobs I do I get paid more money.
Lily and I usually help eachother at our jobs, and do a lot of them together. The manager doesn't mind, but because we do that we get paid roughly the same amount, which is a good deal.
Lily soon comes out and starts waitressing. I let her get an equal amount of tables. Even though I'm much quicker, we both don't mind and I try to make it fair for all us waitresses.
When I get asked to take over someone's area for a day. I'll work out a way for Lily to get half of it too. I usually get asked a lot if someone's sick, or they have an important event to go to. I'm fine with it but I dislike how Lily or other people don't get asked. I will split the area I help out at with another waitress. Lily doesn't like that I do it with her cause I was the one that got asked, but she will give in later cause I'm pretty stubborn and won't give in to her disagreeing. She knows how I will make things fair for us, whether she likes it or not, because it's just how I am. It happens where I'll forget, and apologize, but Lily will always say it's fine and I don't have to make things equal, or fair, all the time.