Thirteen

"What do you mean?" I asked him, by the like of things he was appreciated. I knew that Reagan loved him- I didn't know about his parents. Some parents dealt with things in different ways, thank god my real ones didn't have to see me like this.

"They think that I'm like this for attention, because I always do 'stupid things' for attention." He sighed, rolling off me. He rested his head next to mine, I felt his warm breath against my skin.

"I don't think it's for attention. I think it's true, and that's why I love you." I smiled, leaning over him, pecking him on the cheek
~>•<~

Reagan wasn't impressed that he had snook out. I could tell by the frown on her face as she pulled up in front of the house, Damien locked in my arms. I turned him to face me, pressing my lips against his. Reminding him that he was appreciated, even if it was just by me. She cleared her throat, she was looking angrily at Mikey. There wasn't a chance that she had overheard us talking in the garden this morning- was there? I dismissed that thought as stupidity, because it was a dumb idea. I waved goodbye to them, watching his smile turn into a frown.

"Why was she looking at you like that?" I Mikey, he seemed just as confused as I was.

"God knows. But, come on. Elena's coming over." He grabbed my shoulder, turning me around, shoving me inside. I was more than excited to see Elena, it had been so long since we had spoken to each other properly. I had missed her, most definitely. Mikey and I both smiled, awaiting the arrival of our mother. Through old age, she seemed to have gotten faster- faster than Mikey or I combined.

"I'm sure that she'll have some interesting anecdotes for us." He chuckled, standing in the doorway, my chin resting on his shoulder.
Elena would tell us stories- about her travels, about the people she would meet- the way a grandparent would tell stories to their grandchildren. I could hardly contain myself; I had so much to tell her this time.
~>•<~

Time was ticking by, and I was growing impatient. Mikey assured me that she would be arriving soon- but how soon was soon? I scratched at my thighs, tapping the leather sofa cushions. My skin crawled in anticipation, as there was a faint knock on the door. I stood up immediately, knowing instantly that it was her.
I ran to the door, unlatching the chain. It wasn't her. It was Damien, he had been crying. His cheeks were tearstained, his skin pale. He looked sickly, and I didn't like it.

"Damien? How come you're back here, I thought that you went home with your sister?" I asked, watching his eyes well up. I pulled him to my chest, stroking his cheek.

"I can't go back there Gerard, please don't make me." He sobbed hysterically, digging his fingers into me.

"Okay, okay. Calm down." I said soothingly, rocking him from side to side. He sniffled, rubbing his head against me, dampening my clothes. Elena still wasn't here, so I figured that would buy me some time. I didn't want her to meet him yet, we weren't even official. And I had a slight suspicion that she wouldn't be too fond of him- I didn't know why that was even a thought. I led him inside, a slightly surprised Mikey met my eyes. I told him to be quiet, sitting down, Damien in my arms.

"I'll uh- give you two some privacy, shall I?" He huffed, walking from the room in the typical Mikey fashion. Damien sniffled again, his fingers curled around my t-shirt.

"Damien, what happened?" I asked, stroking his cheek so that he'd hopefully remain calm. I couldn't stand it when people cried, it was a complete no-no. He shook his head, gripping me even tighter. He didn't want to let me go, and he didn't want to tell me what had upset him. Even though I really wanted to know.
"I love you." I reminded him, turning his cheek so that his eyes met mine. There was something strange about them, something different. He was different. I didn't like it, but I didn't question it.

"You do?" He choked, that infuriating strangeness flickering from eye to eye. As if to taunt me.

"More than myself." I said truthfully, watching a weak smile appear instead of that awful frown. Finally, my mind was free from his involuntary negativity, and it seemed like I had distracted him from it.

"Shut up." He giggled, pulling my head down to kiss him. His mouth was warm, unlike his body. There was an unnatural cold, although I couldn't say anything.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Lullaby by The Cure

A.N
THE AHS TEASERS ARE OUT AND ITLL BE THE BEST PRESENT (well it's coming out just after my birthday) AND IM GETTING SILENT HILL-Y VIBEESSSSSS :O

Is anybody other than me getting excited for this??
Anyway, don't forget to comment and vote (: