fourteen

You sighed, throwing your (h/c) locks into a messy bun, shoving your pencil through the base of the bun. All day, all you could think of was Sonic and his strange but adorable behaviour, rendering you useless as you attempted to complete math homework. You sighed, deciding to ask Shadow about his behaviour earlier today.

You walked down the stairs, (e/c) hues scanning the living room for any sign of the dark being, only to find a note scribbled on a piece of paper. Picking it up, you bit your lip and skimmed the small paper, releasing a breath you weren't aware of holding.

"(Y/n). You have absolutely nothing in your refrigerator. I have gone out to purchase the necessary items. I took money from the safe. -Shadow." You read aloud, until your eyebrows furrowed up. "He took money from the safe?" You mumbled, wondering how he knew the safe password.

Running down the stairs, your mouth was left agape as you saw a device hooked onto the safe, and you could only guess that it had was a hacking device that told Shadow your passcode. You sighed, shaking your head as you giggled; he sure was some hedgehog, eh? You quickly thought how Shadow would look while grocery shopping, giggling. Your phone buzzed in your pocket, and you pulled it out to reveal a text from Silver. What could he want?

Hey. I was wondering if we could meet? Like, right now? ;)

You thought it over before telling him to meet you at the local café. You were fairly hungry, considering you hadn't eaten much since coming home from school. Running upstairs, you grabbed your wallet, shoving a few dollar bills into it from your already opened safe. You scrawled a note on the underside of an old grocery list, leaving it exactly where Shadow had left you his note. Pulling the pencil out of your (h/c) tresses, you threw it on a nearby table, grabbing your keys and walking out the door, locking it securely behind you.

--

You sat with your mocha, sipping it while waiting for Silver to show up. Your mind was attempting to figure out what Silver had wanted with you; he did tell you that Mighty told him to keep an eye on you. Just then, your phone buzzed and you pulled it out, (e/c) orbs flitting over every word.

Sorry, I'm on my way!

You sighed, smiling softly to yourself as you moved a stray hair out of your face. You nibbled a bit on your cheesecake, savouring the flavour and creaminess of it. You heard the bell attached to the door jingle, indicating that someone had entered the café.

Silver sat down directly across from you, sheepishly smiling while a small blush covered his cheeks. "Sorry to keep you waiting, the traffic was just terrible!" He exclaimed, throwing his arms up in exasperation.

You nodded at him to show he was forgiven. "So, what did you want to talk about?" You questioned, taking another sip of your mocha, all the while calling a waitress over to order a muffin.

"I want to talk about Shadow."

You began to choke, setting your mocha down as you coughed violently, ridding your trachea of all beverage. Wiping your lip on your sleeve, you began to speak, eyes red. "What about him?"

"You two aren't really dating, are you?" He raised his eyebrow and ran a hand through his grey locks. You had to try your hardest not to blush because he looked adorable.

You bit your bottom lip, gaze flitting from his golden eyes to your mocha which nearly killed you. Sighing softly, you shook your head, signalling that he was right. "Please don't tell anyone."

He nodded, and you instantly smiled. His expression became serious once more. "Why?" He inquired, gold eyes expressing concern.

"Why what?" You retorted, raising your eyebrows and crossing your arms over your chest.

"Why are you letting everyone believe that you two are dating?"

You sighed, dragging a hand across your forehead. "Because, I think I like him." You blurted. (S/c) cheeks turned crimson, and you bit your lip once more. "Also, he came up with the idea," you justified.

Silver merely nodded, and grabbed your mocha and sipped it. You sighed; same old Silver.

You see, Silver and you used to be best buddies. Then you met Mighty and Sally, and soon after, Silver moved away. You had never thought that Möbius is where he moved; you had lost all contact with him. Mighty and Silver were quite close, and they were like very protective brothers to you.

Smiling softly at the memory, you ordered many different cookies and two more slices of cheesecake, also packing a few muffins and a slice of cake for Shadow. You decided to ask Silver what he meant on your first day of school. "Hey Silver," you began, "remember when you said Mighty told you to keep an eye on me?" He nodded to show you he remembered. "Well, what did you mean by that?"

You scarfed down the food that had just arrived, taking a few swigs of mocha to down it all; boy, you were hungry! He sighed, and looked at you as if it were the most obvious thing. "Well, we don't want our little (y/n) getting her heart broken by some jock, do we?" You shook your head, giggling slightly. You shoved the muffin into your mouth, chewing it a few times before swallowing it. Silver just chuckled as he leaned over the table, placing a gloved hand on your cheek. "We care for you, (y/n). You mean a lot to us."

Your face flushed at those words, and you mischievously grinned. Silver knew very well what that meant; you had a plan. Before he could move his hand away from your face, you tilted your head and gently licked his hand. His face contorted into one of disgust as you laughed. "Thanks Silvy, I care for you too." And with that, you left a grossed out Silver sitting at the table while you swept out the door, the bell gently jingling to signal your leave.

An employee arrived at the table, placing a bill on the mahogany surface. "Your bill, sir." She politely stated, bowing and leaving. Silver snapped out of his daze, eyes narrowing at just how sneaky you could be. His eyes widened a significant amount as he checked the bill.

$86. 14.

Let's just say that you left with a heavy stomach and Silver left with a much lighter wallet.