Forbidden Love: A Demon and a Human

"Lord Nehuen are you sure about this? I am sure the King of Hell could arrange a meeting with the King of Heaven and have one of his vassals to watch over the human girl. After all, it is their job to watch over the humans."

Nehuen glanced at his servant, Tryston, an armor bearer who had served him for the past few centuries. He was loyal, and wasn't afraid to speak his mind, which was probably why he kept him around.

"I do not believe it's as bad as you are making it out to be. Those two foolish humans promised me their souls, something I haven't been given freely since modern times." He replied lightly, flipping through papers on his desk.

Tryston handed him another stack, "Well, you already have many duties as the Prince of Hell, you should be thinking of ways to add to our territory, or succeeding your father...not, babysitting some mortal girl."

Nehuen chuckled, "It's only for eighteen years, and my father is not planning on giving up the throne anytime soon. As far as I'm concerned my brothers can fight for it, I have no interest."

Tryston frowned, "The people here are hoping for you to become ruler, they believe in you. I believe in you. We know you'll be the best king Hell has ever seen, you will expand our borders, and create a new Kingdom..."

Nehuen sighed, "Such thinking results in civil wars Tryston, my friend, be sure not to speak too much about it. Hell is becoming weaker as it is, we do not need a war to further weaken it and have our enemies come in."

A short silence overcame them, floating above their heads like a rain cloud. Tryston knew Nehuen had the potential to lead the Kingdom of Hell into a new, shining era.

He knew, and alot of others knew that all Nehuen needed was a push, a motivation to step up to the throne. As to what that motivation was, he did not know. 

"Don't look so downcast, I'm sure Lucian will be a great ruler. He is, after all, the eldest."

Nehuen stopped writing to look at Tryston in amusement. Even though Tryston was indeed a demon as well, he had a few qualities that could make him seem human. Human qualities in any realm except the human one, was looked down upon.

Humans were creatures that were created with the sole idea of making a race dedicated to serving the gods. After a few years though, they became aware of the power they could possess, they found out they had no need for gods in their daily lives. As a result, humans have been scorned ever since, with their 'love', 'hate' and 'greed.' Humans were a mistake.

Even though Tryston possessed such qualities, Nehuen excused him, as he was an important asset to his daily duties.

As if knowing what Nehuen was thinking of, Tryston bowed, "Forgive me, lord Nehuen."

Nehuen waved his words away, "I've told you countless times not to bow to me. Also, I do not care about your human traits, just so long as you serve me efficiently."

Tryston nodded, "Yes, my lord."

Nehuen stood to his feet, "I am going to the human realm to see for myself this little babe that has caused so much trouble."

Tryston nodded, shaking away his uneasiness, he didn't want to press Nehuen's patience further than usual.

Without another word, Nehuen opened a portal to the human realm, and stepped in, disappearing from Tryston's sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

~~