Chapter 2

"She's suffering from CJD disease."

Nicomaine and Richard frozed for a moment and that scene doesn't still sink in to their minds. Mas napaiyak si Maine na nangyayari sa kanilang anak. Kung hindi lang ito nahimatay ay hindi pa nila nalaman na may malubhang sakit ang kanilang anak.

"W...What's CJD, Dok?"

"CJD is Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. This disease occurring only one in 1 million people worldwide. Buti na lang, nandito si Doc Thompson, siya ang unang doctor na humawak sa case na ito."

"Doc, is there any possibilities na gumaling ang anak namin?"

"This illness is rare, at sa hinawakang case ni Doctor Thompsons ay hindi gumaling. But all I need to say is, she needs to stay strong."

"What's CJD doc?"

"CJD is rare, degenerative, invariably fatal brain disorder. Sa hinawakang case ni Doc ay may isang naka survive but still, his brain is dead. Most of this disease are located in Indiana."

Napahawak ng mahigpit si Nicomaine sa kanyang asawang si Richard. As they stared at their daughter, still sleeping. Richard hugged her so tight. She didn't know that her husband is already crying.

"Richard, paano na gagawin natin?"

"Stay strong Love. Kilala ko si Charmaine, she'll be strong, I promise."

Richard kissed his wife at her lips and looked at her eyes, he smiled and telling her that everything will be okay. Kilala nila si Charmaine, hindi agad agad ito sumusuko sa mga bagay-bagay.

--

"C...Charmaine?"

"H-Hi Dad..."

Charmaine smiled and stared at her Dad for few minutes. She knows that there's something wrong with her. And she knows that she needs to be strong enough for her family even though she's not that great when it comes to school.

"N...Nasaan si Mommy?"

"She's with the doctors anak, gusto kasi nilang malaman kung paano ka nila papagalingin."

Charmaine took a deep breath and looked at her Father, Richard became strict to his daughter when she reached 1st grade because he's a perfectionist. He wants everything to be perfect. He wants her daughter to be on top always.

"D...Daddy? Gagaling pa ba ako?"

Richard took a deep breath and kissed her daughter on her forehead. He knows that CJD has no cure at all. But all they need are prayers from friends and family. Miracles do happened. And maybe, there's a miracle. Charmaine will live, she'll not die.

"D...Daddy? S-Sorry pala. I'm v-very sorry, I promise that I tried but hindi talaga ako natanggap—"

"Shhh. I know, and I'm sorry too. Daddy will be always here. You're my little angel and I want you to be on top always. Pero mali na pala ang ginagawa ko, I've been very strict to you, I'm the one who should say sorry and not you, Charm."

Richard wiped his daughter's tears. He kissed her forehead and stared at her daughter fell into deep sleep. As he stared at his daughter, hindi niya maiwasang mapatitig sa anak dahil kamukha niya ito, she got his nose and lips. While she got Maine's eyes. Because it's captivating and attractive.

--

"Mahal? Okay ka lang ba?"

"R...Richard, ayoko– ayokong....ayoko mawala si Charm. Mahal, a...alam mo naman na matagal din tayong naghintay na magka-anak."

Richard pulled his wife's waist and hugged her. Maine's eyes closed as they savored their moment as husband and wife. Richard kissed his wife's lips, it's the softest lips he ever kissed in his entire life. That's why he love kssing his wife's lips

"Mommy! D...Daddy!"

Their kiss broke and ran through their daughter's room. They saw their daughter choking blood and her clothes are full of blood and almost covering her. Maine frozed while Richard ran through their daughter who just fainted after they walked in.