Prologue.

"I needed to you, but you weren't there," Kendall whispers into my ear. "You left me even though I  loved you."

"Kendall, you hurt me. You don't hurt the person you love. And I was away. I needed to get help and you knew that."

"While you were gone, I wrote letters to keep myself occupied. I wrote five hundred and sixty two letters, all for you," he spits back at me. I can feel the tears form in the brink of my eye. I loved him,  but people had told me I needed to let him go. And I did need to let him go. I can't deal with another broken bone or fractured fingers. I can't deal with the blondies emotional and physical abuse anymore.

"Take the letters!" Kendall's voice booms throughout the empty storage lot. I suddenly wished someone was here, that someone, anyone could protect me from him. I grab them from his clammy hands, being yelled at once again by his scratchy voice. "Read them now. Out loud."

I take the first note labeled 'Day 1' from the pile and hesitantly unfold it. It was a single page, though the words were written on front and back. I was terrified to even glance at it, thinking there were going to be more harsh words to come my way. I read the first sentence as his deep green eyes stare at me. 

"I hate you."

I was right.