Chapter 3: What Now?

January

Yoooo! Literally... I felt like a pig took a shit inside my brain and is0 rolling around in its own fecal matter. My head is banging! My head is literally ping ponging and catapulting off every corner in this room. I scratch the back of my neck and reach my hands up as far as they could go letting out a yawn. "You're finally up?!" Samantha pops her head into the doorway. I laugh and nod "don't move, okay? I have a surprise" and with that, she was gone.

 Minutes later, she comes back with a serving platter of food "Damn! I know my birthday was last night but geese!" I wasn't going to complain; my stomach was practically eating itself. She placed the tray on my lap "and it's all for you" she smiles sweetly kissing me on the cheek. I was a little confused on why she was being so affectionate but I reminded myself it was Samantha I was curious about and she's always doing the utmost. 

I just could never, truth be told understood why she even cared so much about me, nobody else did. "What's the occasion?" I drool over the eggs, bacon, sausage, and pancakes wondering what to eat first. I decided on the pancakes stabbing my fork into them "I wanted to show my appreciation for you, and just like I don't know but last night was so amazing" she raves staring at me adoringly. 

"First of all, I ain't shit. This is unnecessary" I object with a full mouth "Is this raspberry? Damn, these are making me have a fucking orgasm! I didn't know you could cook this good" she blushed at my compliments thanking me. "But anyways, what did we do last night that was so amazing?" I wave my fork in the air putting emphasis on 'amazing'.

"What do you mean what did we do?" her eyes nearly busted out of her skull. 

"Like seriously, I remember getting here, but the rest is a blur" I look down to see myself in some duck pajamas.

"Really? Ducks?" I shake my head. She sat there with this strange look on her face "did you see a ghost? What?" She completely went blank.

"Sammie, what the fuck? Hell loo OOO!??" she looks down and laughed "nothing happened! You were just hella drunk. We danced in the bar all night by ourselves and just had fun. I needed that. I did. I needed that..." her energy subsides.

"Well, eat up! I brought you a toothbrush, towels, and rags are in the bathroom's closet. I also brought you some clothes just to put on. Nothing too special, just enough so you can wash up, ya know" she briefly smiled and immediately left out the room after that. I didn't necessarily believe that's what happened, but I wasn't going to press the issue. 

The way I was downing those drinks last night anything was possible, maybe it'll come back to me. I finish up my food and took all my dishes to the kitchen seeing Samantha's roommates, Dominic, and Liane. "January! I didn't know you were here." Liane gets off the couch and gives me a hug. "I haven't seen you in so long. You completely went ghost on us"

"That she did... Left us all high and dry" Dominic joined in shaking his head. "Nah, it's not like that. What's up y'all? I definitely miss hanging out with you guys. I've just been busy" I explained. "Well, Sam told us you're moving in. I'm excited!" Liane pumped her fists in the air "woo!" We all cracked up in unison. "Well, you heard right. I gotta go get my stuff from my aunts today"

"True" Dominic extended.  We chatted a bit more before I left to wash my ass- I reeked of alcohol.

*

I pulled open the screen door and stepped out onto the balcony "Sam?" she quickly wipes her face sucking snot up her nose. "What's wrong?" I question sitting on the chair adjacent from her. "Nothing" she claims but I knew she was lying. She grabs a blunt out the ashtray sticking it in her mouth. She lights it up taking two long puffs loosening up her tense body in the beige wicker recliner.