freedom.

"I break chains all by myself, won't let my freedom rot in hell.

Hey! I'ma keep running cause a winner don't quit on themselves."

---

friday night

It is officially New Years Eve, the night I've been waiting for for so long. After a week of planning out the party, talking to a few authorities about Michael and trying to potty train our new puppy I haven't had time to talk to Harry. What I was told was that he was going to be visiting his family yesterday and spending the new year with the despite receiving my invitation to the party. I wish that I was able to visit his family with him but at the same time I had wished he accepted the invitation because I know he would have been proud for what I had in store.

I was putting on some last minute makeup when I heard someone knock on my door.

"Come in." I yell as I place my last bit of highlight. I turned around to see Logan in a tux and a shy smile on his face with my mum standing behind him. I hold out my hands and he runs into my arms. "Don't you just look handsome baba."

"Thank you mummy you look pretty too!"

"Let me just grab my purse and I'll be right out ok?" He nods before running out of the room. "Did you make sure the car is here mum?"

"Yes I did. Is that officer coming as well?" She says standing behind me and looking at my face through the mirror.

"Harry? No he's spending the new year with his mum, sister and his nieces and nephews."

"I just don't see why you invited Michael. From what Logan said this Harry fellow seems better suited to raise my grandchild then that bastard." She states plainly. "I just don't see how you haven't divorced him already."

"Mum-"

"I'm just saying that when the same thing happened to your father and I, I left him in a heartbeat despite how much it hurt. I raised you by myself since then and look how good you've turned out. You have an amazing job, you've raised a wonderful little boy and you've met an amazing man who seems to love both you and Logan despite not saying anything. Don't let him slip because you wanted to give someone who has alright hurt you once in the past. Don't give the opportunity to do it again." I look at her face to see that a tear had fallen done her face because a few years after divorcing my father she decided to give him a chance only for him to cheat on her yet again.

I get up from my stool and turn around wrapping my arms around her shoulders. "I just want you to know how much I truly love you mummy. Thank you for being so strong and always there for me."

"I love you too baby."

"Trust me mum," I pull away and look at her. "After tonight I know you'll be even more proud of me then you are now."

"I don't think that'll be possible but I'll give you a shot." We both laughed and walked over to Logan who was petting Captain as he was sleeping on her doggy bed.