Chapter Five: let the games begin, and the fights get intense

Coffee in the morning. How could you not love it? It was so warm, and rich and--

“Jesus, chug that stuff why don't you.”

I set narrowed eyes on Damien as he poured himself a bigger cup of coffee then I even had. But I didn't say anything. I hadn't talked to him since the whole shower incident. It seemed like he was around me more since then, always smirking at me and giving me smug looks.

It was a really cruel thing of him to do. He used sexual influences to torture me, while calling me names as I was too tongue tied to defend myself. I think he knew how twisted it was, but he didn't care in the least bit. He acted like the second he got the chance to do it again, he'd be all over it. I wasn't so worried about him killing me anymore, not as much as I was worried about him torturing me.

He turned around now as I had been glaring, angrily at the back of his head. Our eyes locked for a split second. I swear I saw him flinch. I lowered my gaze and continued to eat the banana nut cheerios in front of me. Vincent was the best, he got me everything I wanted when he went grocery shopping.

I felt bad at first, I didn't want to be too demanding, but when he came back with only a few things that really didn't last long I knew I had to make him a list. I asked him just to let me go with him but Damien had a fit, thinking I was trying to trick him so I could run off. And to my surprise, Vincent took his side. They didn't trust me much.

Suddenly, Damien slammed his coffee cup down on the counter close to my bowl of cereal. I jumped and my eyes shot up. He was leaning across the counter, staring at me with a straight face. His lips parted just a bit, his teeth were clenched.

“Say something.” He snarled between his teeth.

I opened my mouth just a tiny bit now, but more in shock. He was demanding me to speak to him now? He was such a jerk! I looked at him angrily now, more then angrily, I knew I was looking at him pissed off. His eyes hardened.

“Fine. Be that way.” He hissed. “Stupid, girl.” He muttered when he backed away from the counter.

What was he expecting? That I would forget about all the mean things he's done? It's only been two weeks and he managed to give me bruise after bruise, scar the living crap out of me, chase me down, call me stupid about a billion times and sexually assault me!

“Come on children, let's try to get along today...” Vincent appeared in the kitchen now.

I blinked. Oh jeez, we had been staring into eachother's eyes. Well, glaring really. But still, I hadn't even noticed.

“Good morning Vince.” I smiled at him. He smiled back. Damien hissed out a heavy sigh. I ignored him. Vincent glanced at him.

“Did you ask her?” Vincent asked.

My eyebrows instantly furrowed. Huh?

“No!” He snapped. “Besides, I told you it's a bad idea and I still think so.”

“She needs to get out of the house and she needs to learn how to kill vampires--”

“What?” I interupted, my eyes almost popped out of my head. They both looked at me. I understood getting out of the house, but killing a vampire?! “I don't want to kill anyone!” I instantly blurted out.

Vincent smiled at me in that adoring sort of way.

“Sweetie, you wouldn't be killing a person, you'd be killing a vampire.” I still shook my head as he tried to explain why he wanted me to do this. “If we start you off killing vampires, then you can leave the house more often.”