Chapter Six (part one): sick, twisted torture

I stared at the back of Damien's head, and I couldn't stop staring as I chewed on my lip. He was shirtless, which I hated him for by the way, so when he reached into the fridge I saw his muscles ripple beneath his pale skin. His rock hard, beautifully sculpted body made for some pretty good eye candy. But that still didn't change the fact that I hated him, or that I still had to ask him to come shopping with me and Vincent later.

I didn't want him to go but Vincent had said he wouldn't take me unless I tried to get him to come with. If I didn't need clothes so badly I wouldn't even bother. And to top it all off he said that even when he did take me shopping I had to pay him back by trying to get along with him...

“What the hell? Get your eyes off me!” Damien had turned around now, scowling at me when our eyes locked. Obviously he didn't find anything in the fridge that he wanted. “Stupid girl.” He muttered as he began to leave the kitchen.

How was I supposed to get along with him?! I sucked in a deep breath. I had to try. I hopped off the stool and followed him out into the hallway.

“Did I say something to make you assume I want you to follow me?” He didn't turn around at all and I thought I was being pretty darn quiet, so I have no idea how the heck he knew I followed him.

“Damien,” I sighed. He stopped. I didn't. I ran into his body like it was the wall, meaning it kind of hurt. I let out an annoyed grunt, taking a step back. He still didn't turn around. “Umm, I--”

“No.” He answered even though I didn't come close to getting the question out.

“But--”

“No.” He repeated.

“Will you just--”

“If you ask me, I swear I'm going to--”

“You don't even know what the question is!” I interupted him now. How does he like it? Getting interupted wasn't exactly something I enjoyed and I'm sure he felt the same way.

His hands had balled into fists. When this came to my attention I took another, bigger step back.

“All that I need to know is you want to ask me a question which tells me two things; the question is going to be stupid, which means the answer is no.”

“You're such a jerk!” I hissed at the back of his head since he still didn't turn around.

“Oh, how your words effect me! How will I live knowing how much you hate me?!” He cried out in an over-dramatic, sarcastic way as he walked away from me and booked it up the stairs before I could say anything else.

Uhg! He was such a pain! I narrowed my eyes at the empty space in the hallway where he had been standing. I wasn't going to let him get away that easily. It was time for a new approach with this whole Damien situation. I was suddenly determined to get him to come with me and Vincent, and while I was at it, I was going to kill him with kindness.

I knocked on his door. Was it ironic that our rooms were right across from eachother. When no answer came, I knocked again. He could have at least said something, even if it was go away! When still no answer came, I tried to open his door but it was locked.

“I think that would be called an invasion of privacy if you break into my room...” Damien's voice informed from behind me, startling me away from his door and causing me to spin around. He was leaning against my door. I clenched my jaw.

“Well, I wouldn't be trying to break in, if you'd just listen to me for two minutes.” I retorted. I can't believe Vincent left this morning, leaving me to deal with Damien all by myself. He narrowed his eyes at me.