Chapter Fifteen: vampire vs. werewolf

We walked into the cabin. The first thing we walked into was a kitchen. Beyond that there were noises coming from the other side of the wall that divided the cabin into sections. Damien led me to one of the small openings and into a cute little living room. We had stayed out in the forest for another hour. We were quiet most of the time, enjoying the silence, but he kept looking at me with a confused expression on his face. I'd return his gaze and I wasn't sure if his eyes would harden at me or not. They didn't, although it seemed that he forced himself to look at me blankly. My thoughts would not stop tumbling.

Did I still hate him? After everything he's done, could I forgive him so easily? I already said I did, but did I really mean it? It would depend on him. If there was some sick motive behind the way he was suddenly treating me, I will continue to hate him as much, maybe even more then I ever did before.

Vincent and Samuel looked up at us from playing a video game. Honestly, these boys were no different from humans in a lot of ways. A grin appeared on their faces when they saw us, and glanced at eachother simultaneously.

“Nice to have you love birds back.” Vincent's grin never swayed. Me and Damien glanced at eachother, rolling our eyes.

“What took you so long anyways?” Sam asked, standing up.

Damien shrugged casually. “Well we can't go having sex with you three continuing to walk in on us, could we?”

They both became dead silent, staring at us both wide eyed. I felt myself blush. By the looks of it, they really believed we went off to have sex. Damien's smirk played across his face then. Realization flickered across their faces. To my astonishment they seemed disappointed that he was lying.

I felt like scolding them, mostly because they believed him. But before I could a strange gust of wind caused my hair to twirl for a second. I blinked at Zero who was standing in front of me, holding my hands tightly up against his chest.

“I was so worried about you!” He cried out. Over-dramatically.

It took me a long minute to realize his lips had crushed against mine. It must have thrown Damien off too because it took him just as long to react to this. My eyes were wide as his soft lips pressed against mine. There was a pretty frustrated and annoyed growl from beside me followed by a popping sound. I watched Zero fly across the room. Didn't he learn from last time? No.

Sam and Vincent shook their heads in unison at the werewolf as he let out a grunt. Damien grabbed my hand and led me back into the kitchen. There was just a long counter with stools, a sleek black fridge and a few oak wood cupboards. He motioned for me to sit at the counter as he kindly poured me a bowl of cereal. As I watched him do this at the end of the counter I couldn't stop staring at him. This was not the Damien I knew. I'm not going to let my guard down.

But as I stared at him, noticing his long, dark eyelashes, his handsome facial features, his pale skin, those muscles of his, it was like everything else around me disappeared. I hardly even realized I was staring until he looked up at me. His blue eyes meeting mine. He stared back at me before turning his attention back to pouring milk into the bowl and passing it over to me.

“We should train tonight...” He said thoughtfully, handing me a spoon. I took the spoon, looking away from him and playing with the cereal for a second before finally looking back up at him.

“Shouldn't we be leaving?”

He shook his head, not looking very eager to move on from the cabin. That's right, we were going to his Mother's. He was going to do what he could to stall.

“It's still early in the evening.” He paused as he looked me over for a second then turned around, walking towards the other opening that we didn't go through. “Hurry up and eat.” He ordered over his shoulder as he disappeared. Good to know he was still demanding. I sighed, turning back around and taking a bite of the conveniently bought cereal.