Damien's POV (from Chapter Six, part two: sick, twisted torture)

Damien's POV

Why did I have to be so mean to that girl? Because she was annoying, that's why. She deserved every little thing I did to her....Well, maybe she didn't but there was something about the way she reacted that made me unable to resist. And maybe I did take torturing her too far sometimes, but it wasn't my fault she was so damn dainty. And I didn't mean that in a nice way!

I ground my teeth together. Just thinking about that damn girl was making me feel like I wanted to hit something. I let out a heavy sigh and hit my head hard on the steering wheel of my Scion FR-S. I loved this car, but it really didn't go fast enough for my liking.

I turned my head, keeping it on the steering wheel as I heard the garage door open. Speak of the devil, there she was following behind Vincent like she had been these past few weeks. I swear she was so damn, she was just so, she was...damn her.

And there goes Vincent, bragging about the Scion like it was his. He's not the one that bought it or negotiated with the car dealers in Tokyo. She looked up at him, smiling at the way he gloated about the Scion. I scowled at them, hit the horn hard and layed on it. Vincent heavily rolled his eyes.

“Damien, we need to talk!” He barked at me loudly. He knew he didn't need to be so loud.

“We'll talk on the way there.” I just wanted to go and get this over with. I was starving!

“No, we're talking before we leave. Kim, you wait right there.” He ordered her and she obeyed. Why did she listen to him like that? It was like she trusted him more then anyone in the world. To be honest, she really shouldn't trust either of us. Vincent could be worse then me when he was--

“You really need to lay off of that poor thing.” Vincent's annoying, stern voice interupted my thoughts. He pointed towards the poor thing he was reffering to. “Why can't you two just get along? She's been nothing but a sweetheart since she's been here.”

I glanced back at her. She was looking at me. Why was she always looking at me like that? I heavily rolled my eyes. Then I looked at Vincent, a lot darker then I meant to.

“It's not as easy as you think to get along with that girl. I have no idea how you can hide your true self in front of her. You've let your guard down around her Vincent and it's going to come back and punch you hard in the face, or worse, it's going to come back and bite her in the--”

Vincent shook his head at me as if what I was saying was far from the truth. But we both knew it wasn't.

“I'm not going to let anything bad happen to her.” Vincent seemed to promise. I didn't need him to promise he wasn't going to let her get hurt. I didn't fucking care. I involuntarily let out a sigh and he mistook it for a sigh of relief.

“But from what I'm understanding, the reason why you don't want to even try to get along with her is because you're afraid you might actually like her which would lead to you caring for her which would lead to you lo--”

I couldn't believe he would even say something like that to me. Like hell I would ever care for a girl like her!

“Someone has a soft spot for the pretty girl playing with her hair...” Vincent sang out. In the corner of my eye I saw her doing just that to her tangled dirt blonde hair as her blue eyes bore into me.

“No!” I shouted louder then I was even expecting. She probably even heard me.

Vincent planted his hand firmly on my shoulder.