Boarding School.

yaaaay! today, 11th October i finally get to go to boarding school. i am so excited because all my older siblings have been there, they always come back with great stories. I can't  wait to go and experience these for myself. hhhhhhhahhh ( sigh ), . " Elsie !!!!!!!!!!!!!! get down here", my mom screamed. " hurry or you'll be late".

Oh my gosh! i thought out loud, Rohi Christian Academy, this place is awesome, i mean, look at the fountain, the buildings, i always came here to visit my siblings but this time it looks different. I got down from the car and went with my parents to the administration to get my forms and my uniforms and my house. After i settled in my house ( dormitory) ST. Paul's House, my parents left.

Around 6:00 pm we were asked to go for dinner in the dinning hall, everyone started making friends but i just ate and stared at everyone. When it was time for us to go back to our dorms, this girl called Paula decided to have a chat with me, well it was interesting and her uniform showed me she was in ST. Paul's too.

After dinner, a meeting was called in the common room for every girl in ST. Paul's, by our house prefect, she was giving us the schedule for the week. As she was talking, she spoke about quiet time and i got confused, because i didn't know what it was. So i put up my hand and asked what it was, well i wish i never did.

" you these , unbelievers, you criticize us and then you come to our schools and ask us questions like, what does quiet time mean, didn't you see, the christian in the name of the school? what are you doing here if you aren't a christian?", i began to sob within me, why didn't any of my siblings tell me this?, i didn't hear the rest of what she said but after the meeting a second year student, Nadya, came to talk to me, she explained to me what, quiet time was.

Nadya: so, from what just happened, you no nothing about Christianity.

Elsie: yhup, in fact I didn't know about this aspect of the school, my older siblings came here.

Nadya: do you want to know?

Elsie: yes! please! I am very confused about this.

Nadya: so Christianity to the world is a religion, but to us, Christians, it is a way of life. The Bible is our guide book, the  Words in the Bible are the words Jesus spoke, God spoke to people and the life of exemplary people.

Elsie: okay, I get it.

Nadya: to become a christian, you need to accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour. Also, you need to have someone who will help you mature. Now this process of accepting Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour is called being Born Again. The basic scripture for all salvation is John 3:16, For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.

Elsie: ooooooh! so that is what this whole thing is about. After becoming born again, what next?

Nadya;maturity, as in, growing in the spirit. Man is a spirit, has a soul and lives in a body . Just as new born babies need food to grow, we Christians must also eat, for our spirits to grow. That food, is the word of God which is all in the Bible. In maturing a lot of trials and temptations will come your way. Temptations as in, try and take you back to your past life. The Bible talks about all these. There is a christian bookshop in school.I can take you there so you can get your own tomorrow.

Elsie: that sounds great. good night.

Nadya: good night, see you tomorrow.