9

**Monday, May 10 (Morning)**

**Nelly's P.O.V**

I woke up to my phone vibrating on a table next to my bed. I got up to see why it was vibrating. A notification came up that I had gotten a text from someone running the competition. The text said that I had passed the first round. 10 people lost. For the next round, I had to make my own music video with the people who are helping me.

I started getting really excited and couldn't wait to tell everyone else. The song I'm choosing for the next round is Never Forget You by Zara Larsson feat MNEK.

Just then, I heard the doorknob turn and the door opened. Thomas was in the doorway.

"Hi, Thomas." I said.

"Hey. I came here because I couldn't sleep." He explained.

"Oh. What time is it?"

"It's one o'clock in the morning." He answered.

"Well I just got a text from the people who run the competition. They said I passed the first round." I said excitedly.

"Congratulations."

"Thank you." I paused. "So, why can't you sleep? Bad dream?"

"I just can't fall asleep no matter how much I try."

"Would you like to sleep in here? It can be like a sleepover."

"Are you sure that won't bother you? Also, where would I sleep?" Thomas asked.

"You will sleep right next to me and it doesn't bother me." I said while getting under the covers in the bed. Thomas reluctantly followed and laid next to me. He was trying really hard not to make physical contact. That's really good.

After a while, I fell asleep. In the morning I woke up and found Thomas with his arm around my waist. I smiled at the thought and out my hand on top of his. Thomas shifted a little bit and pulled me closer while he was sleeping. I looked behind me and saw his head on my shoulder. A thought came to my head at that moment. He is so adorable and cute when he sleeps.

I decided to kiss his forehead and when I did, he woke up. He looked at me and smiled. Thomas's hair was all messed up and it actually made him look even better.

"Good morning." He whispered into my ear. I could feel his warm breath on my neck, cheek, and ear.

"Good morning. How was your sleep last night?" I asked.

"Amazing since you helped me. Thank for letting me stay the night."

"It was my pleasure. So...I guess you got really close last night." I say while pointing at his hand that lays on my stomach.

"Yeah. I guess I must've done it in my sleep because I didn't do that while I was awake. I'm sorry." He apologized.

"Don't say sorry. I like it."

"Maybe we should do this again sometime. We could have a huge sleepover thing in the living room tonight to celebrate youboassing the first round."

"That's a great idea! You are amazing." I said.

"Thanks." Thomas said as he kissed my cheek. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see him blushing. It is so cute when he does that.

The door opened at that moment and the two of us turned to see who opened it. Cassie was in the doorway with her mouth open.

"Close the door." I said. She did as I said and came to the bed. She went on her knees next to us.

"So, you two are together now?" Cassie asked.

"No. I was just letting him sleep here because he couldn't sleep." I explained.

"Yeah right. His arm is wrapped around you, he doesn't have a shirt on, you are wearing a tank top with really short shorts, the two of you are under the blankets, and you are way too close to each other. Is there any other explanation?" She asked.

"Uh...I passed the first round in the singing competition." I changed the competition.

"Congrats but stop changing the subject. Breakfast is ready. You two should start going to the kitchen." Cassie said as she walked out the door and closed it. I sat up and Thomas did too. He was still wrapping his arm around me.

"I am going to change really quick." I said as I started getting up. While grabbing some clothes, Thomas said he would go get a shirt from his room and come back. I said okay and he left.

I started changing quickly before Thomas came back. By the time he came with his shirt on, I was already done changing and just had to brush my teeth really quick. Thomas came with me to the bathroom and the two of us brushed our teeth.

When I started walking to the kitchen, Thomas grabbed my hand. We held hands while walking together. Everyone stared at us when we walked by them. I rubbed it off and grabbed my breakfast. Thomas and I sat next to each other on the couch and started eating. Spongebob was on the TV. It was the episode where everyone curses and they blurt it out with dolphin noises.

I told everyone the news about the competition and they got excited. When I finished eating and went to put my plate in the sink, Stephen came up to me.

"Hey, Nelly. Are you two a thing now since you were holding hands?" He asked.

"No." I answered.

"Cassie told us that you two were sleeping in your bed last night. Is that true."

"Yeah. He couldn't sleep so I let him stay in my room." I explained.

"Well maybe I should have trouble sleeping so you can let me stay in your bed too." Stephen joked. I laughed and punched him playfully.

The two of us walked back to the living room and everyone started brainstorming ideas for the music video after I told them what song I chose. The group made up the idea of having me and Thomas pretend to love each other and I say that I'll never forget him. Both of us blushed and Dylan looked sad. Why is he sad? I wondered about that throughout the whole conversation.