Chapter 4

You didn't even realize it when sleep overcame you. One moment you were caught up on staring at Dean, luckily him not realizing anything, and the following moment you felt your eyelids close. Dean's image was there even as you closed them. The image of him and the soft lights illuminating his face in just the right ways. You had to keep yourself from being any more creepy than you already were. But you couldn't help it. He was there, almost within reach for you. The man you had admired for years and seen through screen... there, close to you.

And well, the man you'd had the hugest crush on of course. You loved seeing him drive the Impala. He was so focused and at the same time so calm. Worries fading away as he let himself enjoy yet another ride in his precious Baby. And this time he seemed to be even more at peace.

But it wasn't the chance of Dean having caught you staring, no definitely not that, that made you blush. Neither than nor the green jacket wrapped over your body. His jacket you noted. You didn't even remember when he gave it to you but you weren't complaining. You'd wondered so many times what Dean's smell would be like, read so many fanfictions with that too – a guilty pleasure you weren't going to let out for sure – but none of them could ever begin to describe it. Musk, leather and soft gun powder smell, mixed with cinnamon and an apple scent. There was a faint smell of rain too no matter how crazy that sounded. It smelt like fall. And it all mixed with something else you couldn't find the words to describe. This was the key, one nobody had ever described because obviously nobody had ever been able to smell this amazing scent that described Dean Winchester perfectly. And it made just one warm feeling spread inside our chest. The only way to describe the feeling and smell? Home. The only word: home.

But no it wasn't that which made you blush. Neither that nor the fact that you snuggled as much as you could with it, taking in a deep breath to enjoy the smell and feeling it brought to you. You just realized that it'd become your favorite blanket instantly. But once again it wasn't the fact that you let yourself enjoy Dean's jacket being all over you – or the fact that Dean did something like that – that made you blush.

It was the fact that you snuggled closer to Dean in your sleep.

At some point you had felt a hand on top of your head, fingers playing softly with your hair. Your eyes had opened for a second, looking up from where you were. Your head on Dean's lap and him glancing down at you, a soft smile playing on his lips. But your eyes had closed just as soon as they had opened so you only considered it a dream. Well it obviously wasn't you realized. Your head was in fact on Dean's lap, it was there the entire night and you were sleeping indeed there. Dean didn't even mention it, much less do anything to stop you. Instead he had drapped his jacket over you and let you be as comfortable as you could.

You thought it was all a dream but now that you were waking up you remembered everything and knew it was real. All those moments you felt the back of a hand over your cheek, a thumb rubbing over it... were real. Dean's handoccasionally on your shoulder, squeezing and rubbing. And you snuggled even more to him, his thigh was probably the softer pillow you've ever had as it seemed. And that look- that smile- the way he glanced over at you when in the middle of the night you woke up for a little while. Everything seemed to be in a haze but you clearly remembered that look... andthe intensity of it. An intense longing. Longing for what?

"Morning sunshine!" Dean's happy voice made you slowly turn to look up at him. Still driving.

You got caught up for a second. His green eyes were shining so brightly that you couldn't help it. And the smile on his face made you do the same. But then of course you had to notice you had your head still on his thigh. You looked down, clearing your throat and awkwardly shifting you got up.