Chapter 2

That night I was walking, heading to the Fro Yo place where Lydia told me to meet her. 

Sometimes things would happen at night. My coven of witches were known for their vampire hunting, back in the day. My coven still hunts vampires, though my grandfather saved one that is forever in debt to my bloodline now... The vampire will forever be in debt, if I die, the vampire has to protect the next in my grandfather's bloodline. If the vampire dies, the debt is repayed. My life is definitely not the average teenage boy life.

As I walked through the night, I felt the cold breeze of the midnight air. It was very brisk tonight, the full moon at its highest and myself walking within the light casting upon the ground. The streets looked very different at night, the stores closed and abandoned for the night, the streetlights hardly making a difference, and even the weirdest sound made anyone run in fright. I knew vampires and witches were real, so my mind would wonder a ton.

Suddenly a rustle came from an alley near main street, my heart now beating faster. I had to investigate, my curiosity usually got me in trouble but also helped in some cases.

"Get off of me!"A female voice screamed out into the night, her voice bringing chills up my spine. The voice seemed familiar though...

"Get off of me you freak!" The voice said again, she was truly in trouble by her tone and her blood curdling scream she let out afterwords.

I ran into the alley, I looked around, hoping to find the source of the voice.

"Help! Please help me!" The voice cried from the shadows, I couldn't see at all.I turned on my flashlight I had in my pocket and shined in the direction of the voice.

A person dressed in black was all I saw. I then saw some legs under him, kicking around wildly. I remembered those boots from somewhere... Those brown boots that Lydia wore with her suede coat of her's... wait...

"Lydia! Don't worry, I am going to help you." I said and I pulled the guy off her. This guy had blood red eyes, his eyes extremely dilated, his mouth covered with extremely dark red blood, and his fangs still dripping from his latest bite. 

"That's it, vamp, you totally crossed the line." and I kicked him in the head. He reacted and started to try to attack me. I kicked him into the brick wall of the alley. He then got up and started to try to tussle with me. I whispered a spell and the vampire let out a desperate cry. I kicked it to the wall again and he then fled, like a dog with it's tail between it's legs.

I then got Lydia up from the ground, she had two bleeding marks on her neck. She just got bit by a vampire, but this was no ordinary vampire. The blood on the marks were extremely red, almost black, and the vampire was really strange to me as well, he was too pale, his eyes were darker than any real vampire I have seen. I needed to help Lydia right now.

"Are you okay? Say something Lydia." I said and she tried to calm herself from what just happened. She then looked at me and tried to figure out what happened. Her eyes told me everything. Lydia was shocked and was trying to wrap her head around what has happened. 

"What the hell just happened?" She finally asked, bluntly, and I didn't really know what to say... I looked at her. She needed to really know but... I wasn't sure what to truly say.

Maybe hmm... oh yeah, you just got attacked by a vampire, no big deal!

No. Too sarcastic... 

Lydia, those supernatural beings you talk about are actually real.

No... too much to take in. 

I honestly had no idea what to really tell her, but I knew I couldn't lie. Not to her.