Chapter 5

We rode a long time, Alice was driving a really long time and it was getting Aaron a little worried...

"Alice, let me drive after we get to that rest stop. You should have rest yourself a little from driving. We already crossed the border of Pennsylvania."

"Fine... You can... I also need to make sure my makeup is on point." Alice said, she then looked at us in the back seat with the rear view mirror. "So, Lydia, we will need to change the CD in a little bit, anything you prefer?"

I knew exactingly what she was about to say... Bon Jovi.

"Well, Alice, I have CDs in my bag, we can look at them at the rest stop. It's mainly Bon Jovi..."

"Bon Jovi?!" Alice said and Aaron began to chuckle. "Really? I love Bon Jovi! I also love David Bowie."

"Me too! I have this two disc CD of Bowie's greatest hits!"

Alice and Lydia were fangirling about Bon Jovi and David Bowie, a lot.

Once we got to the rest stop, we all jumped out. Alice and Lydia jumped out as if they had springs on their feet and ran to the trunk as if their were on fire. Lydia brought a lot of CDs... Geez...maybe even her whole collection.

When we returned to the car and seat belted ourselves in, Alice and Lydia started to play a Bon Jovi CD, the one that Lydia hooked,so I have heard, Crush.

"True story." Alice started, "I saw Bon Jovi when they first preformed back in 1983. They were awesome back then like they are now."

Lydia found this so fascinating, she had only been to one Bon Jovi concert, the more present day Bon Jovi.

"Did you see them more than once?"

"Sure, I saw them in 1986, 1992, 1995, 2000, and 2012."

Lydia was amazed, "How could you go to so many concerts?!"

Alice then looked at her and pulled her sunglasses down and winked."With Vampire powers, Who needs tickets?" and she chuckled and then showed her the actual tickets from those concerts.

"What?! You really got tickets for all of those concerts?! Wow!" Lydia fangirled a bit and Alice genuinely smiled. She hardly ever did that.

"So, what are we going to do about food, Love?" Aaron asked Alice, she started to think.

"Well, what do you think? We do have mortals with us, so we need to stop at some sort of food joint."

Alice then got her idea.

"Aaron, remember that nice little diner, why not go there?"

Aaron smiled, "You're brilliant, Alice darling."

"Thank you, my dear."

The CD then started a song, which then Lydia started sing along.

Dressed up for a big date
Like Halloween day but it was Fourth of July now
A car crash with a suitcase and a painted face
She was one of a kind
She wears a plastic crown like Cinderella
And roller skates in bed

Crash rides the greyhound from his hometown
When he comes around 'cause they don't let him drive now
Mixed up as a milkshake
But make no mistake
They're shooting for the stars

You and me
We're invincible together
We can be so tragical,whatever
Dressed up just like ziggy but he couldn't play guitar
Captain Crash and the beauty queen from mars

"Who is singing? Is that you, Lydia?" Aaron asked, looking at us with the rear view mirror.

"Yeah,it's me." Lydia said, quietly, kinda embarrassed at the moment. Her face was turning as red a strawberries.

"It sounds nice. You sing?"

" I sung at the talent show and I do chorus... But I would always sing at home, sing with my CDs." Lydia concluded. We then arrived to a diner, it was in a little town. That little town you see on TV, the picturesque little town with those innocent people around that know everyone and everyone's business.

We all got out and went into a quaint diner, Alice took us to a booth in the back. Alice sat near the wall with Aaron on one side and Lydia sat near the wall with me on the other side.

"Welcome,what can I get you folks tonight?" A lady with a waitress outfit on, she had sort of a Southern accent. Her outfit reminded me of a old fashioned 50's diner.

"Cokes for all of us at the moment, thank you." Aaron answered and the lady wrote it in her pad and went on her way.

When the lady returned, she had four Cokes, all in the old fashioned glass bottles. I haven't had a Coke in a glass bottle. It was like we stepped back in time, where everything was old fashioned. There was a jukebox near the entrance, a counter where some people were sitting at, eating and visiting with one another, and the checkered tile on the floor.

Once the waitress returned, we all ordered. Now we had time to chat if we wanted to, that is if we could strike up a conversation that didn't seem awkward.

"I feel like I am in a time warp. This place is like a 50's diner." I finally said and Lydia smiled. She was that kind of person that loved the old fashioned world. She loved the 80s the most, but she loved the 70s and 50s as well. One year, she dressed up as a girl from the 1950s for Halloween. She had a poodle skirt, the shoes, pearls, a cardigan, and her hair was pulled up. She looked like Sandy from Grease.

"Yeah,they even have a jukebox! That is so cool! I wonder if it works." Lydia tried to make conversation, but also genuinely interested in the jukebox.

"The only way to see is if you put money in it and see if it will play."Aaron said and he got out of his spot and he went over to the jukebox.

He put a coin in and it started to play Rock Round The Clock.Alice smiled as Aaron got her up and started dancing. Alice let down her bun, her long,dark brown hair cascaded  down to the middle of her back. As they danced, she was twirled and her skirt blew up as if she was back in a 50's dance. They looked happy. Lydia seemed to sadly smile. What was with her?

Once the song was over, the people in the diner clapped and the vampire couple waved and went back to their seats.

"That was so cute! You two looked so adorable!" Lydia said and our food arrived.

We then went back to the car after our meal. Alice drove, she changed the CD to what it turned out to be a Firehouse CD. There was the most sappiest song on there that Lydi really liked, Don't Treat Me Bad. She was singing it a little but then started to fall asleep as she watched the night sky. She leaned on me, I didn't mind. Aaron looked us in the back and smirked, but it became a smile.I looked up to see a half moon as we drove on in the night.