Chapter 6

Before I knew it, I woke up in a nice bed right next to Lydia. She looked like a angel when she was asleep. She was breathing calmly as if nothing was really happening. It was in the middle of the night.Alice and Aaron were laying in the bed on the other side of the room. Alice was sketching in her sketch pad and Aaron was reading a book with a black hard cover.

"Oh,Matthew, why are you awake? You should get some sleep." Alice said looking from her latest sketch.

"I guess I just need to talk for a bit to fall asleep again." I said,not really knowing why I woke up in the middle of the night.

"Oh,I guess I understand." Then she gazed at Lydia. "I just hope there is a way to cure Lydia. It would be a shame to see her parish from such a horrible thing that is slowly taking her life away."Alice began to elaborate on our situation. "Many humans were killed because of the Impurions." Then I started to wonder, why didn't the humans realize this threat?

Then Alice began to tell the story about a war, the Witch-Vampire war.

"Long long time ago, Impurions were created by a third party in the war against humans and witches. Humans and witches were on one side,vampires on the other. The witches decided to create a horrible breed of vampire, one that could kill humans and vampires. Witches back then were outcasts to humans, so they formed the secret party behind their allies back. And created the Impurions. The Impurions would be able to inject a poison into their prey and track them with that same poison. Many died because of that. The humans... and vampires. Humans and Vampires then allied and defeated the Impurions. Or so we thought. Now humans and vampires just don't really know of each other. Some witch covens that made those monsters are alive today."

Alice concluded and I was speechless at first, then I finally had something to say.

"Alice? Was my coven involved with the ones that made the Impurions?"

"No, that was the only sane coven of witches that always sided with the humans. Your great grandfather actually knew me in that war, when I was a teenager. He saw the goodness in me too. Though he never told anyone." Alice said and she closed her sketch pad.

"You were a teenager?" Alice then started to laugh, so did Aaron.

"Of course! Born vampires age only to a certain extent. It usually happens when we look like an early 20 year old. It is different for each vampire though..." Alice said and Aaron smiled a bit.

"Well,I am getting tired... unfortunately. Better go to bed. Good night,Matthew." Then Alice then looked at me and did a little wave like Elvira. "Pleasant dreams..." She said and laid down.

Then Aaron put away his book and turned out the light.

I stared at the ceiling a bit. After that huge story about the Impurions, I had a lot to think about... Staring seemed like the only thing I could really do at the moment from what has been happening. I was also listening to Lydia's quiet breathing. I wish I could just wave my hands and cure Lydia. I doubt it would work...

Lydia then started humming a tune in her sleep. Did she always do that? Her humming was quite soothing though... I listened a bit, trying to figure out this tune. It drove me nuts unable to really know the tune. I really wanted to know...

I then saw Lydia had her ear buds in. So that might be why she was humming! I took one out of her ear and started listening to the music.

When I get home from work,

I wanna wrap myself around you.

I wanna take ya, and squeeze ya till the passion starts to rise.