An Answer Found

Once Lucy and I walked inside I saw Olivia and Tiffany had already picked their spots at the table.  Ellie was sitting in her usual spot and she was currently playing a game with Olivia.

"Ok dinner will be ready in about twenty to twenty-five minutes."

"Sounds good."

"We'll be waiting, I'm so eager to try your cooking."

I walked into the kitchen with Lucy heading over to her spot by the couch.

"Ok, I'm going to make this version even better than the last.  It's Ellie's birthday after all so she deserves a special dinner."

I looked at the job at hand and cracked my fingers before getting to work.

(Lucy)

         I was still pretty tired from the race so after taking off my sandals I laid against the couch.  I could feel sweat dripping down the sides of my face.  I felt a poke to my shoulder so looking over I saw Tiffany with a smile next to me. 

"Are you doing ok Lucy, you really ran pretty hard there."

"Yes I'm fine...thank you though."

"Is it ok if I ask you something?"

I nodded my head at her and straightened up awaiting this question she wanted to ask.  Tiffany seemed a little unsure on how to ask but she took a deep breath before looking me straight in the eyes.

"What was it that made you fall for Axel?  I remember seeing you with blank or annoyed looks whenever I saw you.  It felt like you never wanted anything to do with anyone else and I never saw you smile.  After seeing you with Axel I have seen a new lighter side to you that I never saw before.  What did he do exactly to change you so much?"

I looked down in thought thinking about the best way to explain my reasons but the best way was to tell the truth.  To an extent of course but at least tell of his courage and what he has done for me.  I wasn't comfortable spilling my feelings out like this but Tiffany was someone I could trust almost...maybe even a friend.

"Well to be honest I hated him at first, I thought he was just someone trying to get close to me for the wrong reasons.  Once I realized his intentions were genuine and out of kindness it was already to late as I had lashed out at him out of anger.  It was then I saw him fight to protect Ellie."

Thinking about that time made me feel guilty about my actions towards him but then remembering the hug he gave me pushed those feelings aside.

"Since that day he has shown me that not all guys are evil and cruel who just toy with other's lives.  Axel was something special I never thought I would see, he was...something new.  Our feelings towards each other really changed after he saved me from a couple of thugs.  He nearly got himself killed protecting me and he admitted he cared for me...that he loved me."

"Wow sounds like something out of a fairy tale."

"What happened after he beat up the thugs?"

I glanced down at the floor annoyed that I was actually embarrassed speaking about this when they have already seen us.

"He told me that everything he said was true and then he pulled me into a kiss.  I had never felt so much passion in a kiss before that the feeling overwhelmed me.  My emotions went out of control and I broke down there.  I cried into his shirt feeling so much happiness from being proven wrong about my fears about him.  I thought maybe being in a relationship with him would only end in disaster.  For the first time in my life I was so happy to be proven wrong."