A Plan Unfolds

"May I ask what important things do we need to talk about?"

Looking at Scarlet told me she was just as unprepared as the rest of us.  I had finished my last surgery this morning with Gustov so why was he here?  The glare Adam was sending me didn't frighten me one bit but the other guards with guns did.

"I am here because I have been informed that you have grown too attached to these two Miss Rolando.  Rumors have started spreading around the facility, rumors that I find most unsettling."

"What kind of rumors exactly?  You should know better than to just listen to pointless gossip."

"Miss Rolando it isn't pointless if it turns out to be true.  The rumors I heard speak of you planning to free these two individuals; a diclonius brat and her big brother.  See I can't allow that...not when I'm so close to getting my ultimate goal."

I took a step forward and glared at Gustov for insulting Ellie.

"Come now, Axel do you really think you can punch your way out of this one."

"I bet you a thousand bucks that I could if none of your guards had guns."

"Oh a tempting offer but I will decline.  Instead we're going to be having one more crucial test."

"Is it a test to see who the biggest coward is?  Cause if so Adam takes the cake and the bacon, and the cherry on top all in one mouth full and he didn't even use a spoon."

Like that Adam took a step forward gritting his teeth in rage while I just smirked at him.  I caught even a few of the guards chuckling from the insult as well.

"Oh no nothing of the sort, I would like to reveal the details but I'm afraid that would ruin the surprise."

"Gustov this is ridiculous there is no need for this."

"Scarlet's right sir we only came here to get some fresh air."

"Crystal be quiet, the doctor's business has nothing to do with you."

Ellie hugged my leg tighter as the guards started to surround us even more.  As good as both Scarlet and Crystal were they were no match against automatic rifles.

"Now we're going back down but I'm afraid I will have to lock you up.  As for the little girl...she will be put in my newest testing chamber.  I wish to see how strong her vectors are."

"Sir!  You can't do that she will be killed!"

Hearing Scarlet's tone and the hint of fright in it caused me to grit my teeth in rage.

"You promised me she would be unharmed!"

"True, I did promise that.  However this testing chamber was built so if any diclonius were to slip up they would be killed pretty quickly.  Therefore it's not harming her if she dies instantly so I am not breaking my promise.  That girl will feel...no pain at all once death comes."

"You bastard!"

I rushed to punch his face in but a painful shock in the back of my neck brought me to my knees.

"Axel!"

"Big brother!"

Scarlet, Ellie, and Crystal stood over me with Ellie grasping onto my arm.  Scarlet and Crystal were standing at both of my side's in a protective manner.

"Not so fast, during your last operation there was another thing that I put in you.  A special little chip that allows me to alter certain feelings and emotions.  It also allows me to deliver a nasty shock with just a push of a button."